Photo

Problem After Flashing A Xecuter 2.6ce !

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Video Games! (of course) Movies, Music, Art, Comics, and collecting various weapons.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

I followed all steps correctly and had success installing the mod. and i thought i had success flashing the chip, it flashed as it was supposed to and powered down. when i powered back up it tried to power up then stopped for a sec then once again, on the 3rd time it stayed powered up yet a blank screen and my eject button flashing colors - MOSTLY RED! what happened? when i disable the chip i get an error "05" to contact MS for tech help in about 10 different languages! so... I'd have to say I'm really stuck! Please any help i can get i will greatly be appreciated!!!

-Azrael blink.gif

#2 Orochimaru666

Orochimaru666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

bad bios, which one were you using

#3 tghansel

tghansel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

yeah you have a bad bios.

since you're using a 2.6ce, as long as the bios you flashed wasn't more than 512k you can swap to the other bank and boot back to cromwell (unless you have a 1.6 box and flashed over flashbios3.01)

assuming the other bank's good...switch to it, boot to flashbios, switch back to the bad bank (one that flashed red/green (fragged)), and flash it with another good bios.

there are ways xecuter has setup that you can check to see if the bios is original and good, otherwise as long as you don't flash a 1mb bios, you can trial and error until you get it running

#4 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Video Games! (of course) Movies, Music, Art, Comics, and collecting various weapons.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

i first flashed a X2 bios, but it wouldnt take, or wasnt able to be recognized. i logged onto teamexecuter.com and for my chip they recommended the X3 bios. Which i swear is 1mb. they were saying something about using both banks at once to be able to use X3 (1mb). i'm guessin thats all crap and i flashed 1mb when i shouldnt have! sad.gif what next? did i ruin the chip?

Thanks!

Azrael huh.gif

#5 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

Not to say that it can't/hasn't been done, but I've never heard of anybody putting an X3 bios on an X2 chip. I've never worked with a 2.6, but I think it does have 2x512kb banks, so that would seem possible to put a 1mb bios on it, but I've never heard of putting an X3 bios on an X2 though.

I would just put the X2 bios on one bank and leave the other open for later, but I'm guessing you might not be able to do that at this point.

I'll let somebody with a little more X2 experience chime in now....

#6 4everlearning

4everlearning

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:16 PM

When you download the X3 bios from xbins there are plenty of warnings as to not flash it to anything other then an X3 chip. Since you have done this I believe the only thing to do now is get another chip or get an external flasher. someone will correct me if I am wrong about there not being any other ways to save your chip.

#7 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:08 PM

Where do i get an external flasher? the xecuter site said if you end up flashing over the size of the bank you can QUOTE = "have a friend re-flash it" back to the original bios it was mailed with. What are they talking about? a friend re-flash it? if an external flasher will help me and they're not TOO expensive, that would be great. But if i have to get a new chip, does anyone know where i can order the chip(ALONE) no kit no wires, etc, just the chip itself?

Thanks!

Azrael blink.gif

#8 xess

xess

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

If you have a friend with an identical chip, then you can reflash using his console. All you have to do is take his box apart, leaving the hdd and dvd hooked up, boot the machine with an install disc inserted ( slayers will do but i would recommend auto-installers deluxe) and swap the chips over. Select the correct bios from the disc, flash and thats it! biggrin.gif

#9 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:23 AM

huh.gif Hey XESS, what if i dont know anyone with an identical chip? (as you can see i am a NEWBIE with modding the box, so some terms and knowledge most people in the forums know by heart- i kinda get a little lost sad.gif like for example whats a SLAYER, etc...

Thanks!

Azrael unsure.gif

Edited by Azrael777, 25 April 2006 - 06:24 AM.

#10 tghansel

tghansel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:24 AM

since you don't know anyone with an identical chip to hotswap, you'll have to get an external programmer. they're cheap (less than $15).

once you get it (a x2 external programmer) you will be able to resurrect your chip using x2 bios manager.

i'm pretty sure you can get it on the scene's tools page, if not you can find it in the usual places.

i'm pretty sure there's a tutorial on how to do this, if not the merchant site where you get your chip will have one, or you can google, or i can give you step by step later.

p.s. a slayer is a well-know and widely used evox auto/self-installer, complete w/ apps and emulators

Edited by tghansel, 25 April 2006 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:34 AM

smile.gif thanks! im happy to hear they are only around $15 bux! I'm gonna get on ordering that RIGHT NOW biggrin.gif
and did my "mistaken" bios flashing cause the error i get on my box when the chip is disabled? Because it sucked when i flashed it wrong, then really sucked when i disabled the chip and booted up to a tech support screen, "05" i believe is the error number. I'll check the tools area asap, then ill post back.

Thanks!!!

Azrael wink.gif

#12 tghansel

tghansel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:47 AM

error 5 means your hdd isn't locked. original m$ bios and dashes will not run on an unlocked hdd. once you get your chip back up, you can easily re-lock the drive through evox or slayer.

#13 Azrael777

Azrael777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:06 AM

I been searching the X2 external programmers and found a few instances of people mentioning the option of ordering one or MAKING one by parting it together with various wires and pc accessories. yet i have no idea how to make one, nor have i found a step-by-step. So i'm trying to find the best price on one, anyone know the cheapest? or maybe how to make one? i have several electronics, wiring, pc spare parts, components, etc. all at my dissposle here at home so any ideas? SHOOT! please! biggrin.gif

Thanks!!!

Azrael smile.gif

#14 tghansel

tghansel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:08 PM

i got mine for 14 bucks plus shipping. if 14 dollars is really that much to you then you can attempt to make one, but if you mess up you'll eventually have to get one anyway, or even worse you could do something to your chip, which would cost another $30.

i would just suck it up and spend ~$15 and be sure that i have the right, working part.

also here's a step-by-step that i used a long time ago; it's kinda outdated, but still works; there might be something newer/better on the scene's tutorials page, i dunno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users