102 replies to this topic

#31 RamboULW

RamboULW

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:17 PM

Install went flawlessly!

I admit, took me awhile to understand your instructions, but was actually easy enough once figured out.

Explanation wasn't as detailed as it could be, but hey! good job none the less.

Nice one Krayzie!

#32 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:32 PM

@RamboULW: Sorry for the instructions. It may not be too n00b friendly but should be easy for a somewhat more advanced user. I made them in a kinda hurry.

@Ndure Protagonist: I think I might understand what you're getting at. I guess xbl comunicates via xboxdash.xbe with parts of the xboxdashdata folder which is renamed so that might be causing the problems showing the friends list etc. And since xboxdash.xbe is hacked to locate another xboxdashdata folder there might be conflicts which I guess you guess are a potential risk of xbox live banning.
I think I will adjust the package to use the normal xboxdashdata path to fix the friends lists problem and eliminate the possible potential risk of getting banned.

#33 Tribb

Tribb

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

will It be possible to run extras from disk as I have to copy it over to the hdd to run and xbmc seems to have a prob deleting it afterwards, Ive updated the kit but to be honest It worked fine before from hdd anyway, I was hoping this fixed the launching from dvd, Im using Krayzie_SC-PAL_Ndure_Installer_v1.1.rar with the updated files, Thanks for your hard work on this it makes it oh so easy to softmod smile.gif

#34 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 09:51 AM

it can oly be run from hdd and should be easily deletable.

#35 mushroom92

mushroom92

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:14 PM

is this to get softmods with splinter cell and the action replay???

#36 Epaige

Epaige

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

Damn thats a FUNNY sig ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#37 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Video Games, BREAKIN THE LAW.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:16 AM

btw krazie. I did get banned using your softmod. I liked your softmod because of the layout. I was using kingroach ndure before yours and never was banned a day in my life. however that xbox was destroyed because of a psu problem and it was a 1.0

I'm pretty raging pissed seeing how you put together a poor installer. I did everything right. I know I did because I asked kingroach himself how to successfully uninstall everything and he confirmed that I did it correctly. I did a virgin swap of the c drive via slayers and all that good junk and removed the hack from the e partition. I even modified the led to go red when the softmod was active. I did a dual boot msdash and i made damn sure that the led wasn't red before connecting my ethernet and connecting to live via eject. I'm ashamed of you. I thought I was an isolated case so I didn't say anything in these forums.

I logged on live 1 time and 1 day later I was shitlisted. Now thx your "softmod" I have to buy another xbox. If your gonna make garbage and there is a high risk of getting banned you should put it in huge bold letters and not say "do at your own risk." that's horseshit. This is obviousely way out of your league.\

I would strongly advise staying away from this installer and going kingroach's method. I personally consider this package beta at most.

Edited by kgonepostl, 17 July 2006 - 05:30 AM.

#38 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

There is nothing wrong with this installer at all. Many people have used it without getting banned. Kingroach's Ndure and Krayzie's Ndure are based off the same exploits and softmod techniques. You took a risk when you softmodded your Xbox. There is always a possibility of getting banned from Xbox Live when you modify the Xbox.

#39 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

I wonder if it's the softmod to blame. If ms had started a new banning method there should be much more people being banned right now. There are more factors to being banned or not.

You said you used another xbox. Wouldn't it be possible the problem lies in the xbox or upgraded hd or something?

#40 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:50 PM

I can't see how I would have been flagged but yes I did swap the drive from my old one. However I'm very sure I was never flagged on my old box so I don't see this as a problem. If you can think of anything that I've done wrong so I can avoid this in the future I'll gladly stop flipping out.

QUOTE(Textbook @ Jul 17 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post
There is nothing wrong with this installer at all. Many people have used it without getting banned. Kingroach's Ndure and Krayzie's Ndure are based off the same exploits and softmod techniques. You took a risk when you softmodded your Xbox. There is always a possibility of getting banned from Xbox Live when you modify the Xbox.

That's horsecrap. ndure protagonist has pointed out problems in his hacked xboxdash.xbe

krayzie, I was referring specifically to the xboxdash.xbe's "Live Aware" interaction with XBL (as indicated by my first post above) and ONLY YOUR 1.1[...] INSTALLER hacks that. Consequently, other Ndure installers (including your 1.0) don't have this potential risk.

I suspect this aspect of XBL usage wasn't discussed/debated, as you stated you were unfamiliar with it when related questions arose in your installer's thread. It pertains to an XBL connection that occurs via the Eject boot, under certain circumstances.

Swithing the softmod off and/or reverting to retail would of course workaround it, but that's not a solution. The fix is to use the real MS xboxdash.xbe for the open tray boot (instead of the krayzie 1.1[...] hacked version), as per the other Ndure installers!

Followup from Krazie
@Ndure Protagonist: I think I might understand what you're getting at. I guess xbl comunicates via xboxdash.xbe with parts of the xboxdashdata folder which is renamed so that might be causing the problems showing the friends list etc. And since xboxdash.xbe is hacked to locate another xboxdashdata folder there might be conflicts which I guess you guess are a potential risk of xbox live banning.
I think I will adjust the package to use the normal xboxdashdata path to fix the friends lists problem and eliminate the possible potential risk of getting banned.

Potential risk....Seems easily possible to me!

On top of that krazie has understood the problem and issued no warning. If I was krazie I would issue a big warning in red saying that you are at extreme high risk if you plan on using dual or tri boot with his softmod.....or recommend not using either at the moment until the problem is locked down.

Not to mention the on/off switch. What is the on/off switch? I'm really hoping it has nothing to do with xbl and on top of that wasn't implimented into 1.1. YOu mentioned that the on/off switch was now implimented in 1.1.1 update. Krazie, I'm really hoping that doesn't have anything to do with xbl safety because then i'll be really po'd. However if that is teh case then I guess I've figured out why I was banned! (was using 1.1 of the installer) and if the on/off switch has to do with disabling your mod with eject then that's dissapointing. However I'm probobly being paranoid and the on/off switch probobly has to do with uninstalling the softmod or something.

Fact is that there is a risk here and from what I understand an easy implimentation to fix that "small risk".

Edited by kgonepostl, 17 July 2006 - 05:06 PM.

#41 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:07 PM

you dumbass, there are plenty of warnings about being banned. just because you didnt get a private message saying be warned or you didnt get a phone call from krayzie.
obviously, you f'ed up and now you are sitting in the corner crying cause you can't get on live. Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up unless you need help. dont blame Krayzie for your shizz. he didnt make you do it.

#42 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Jul 17 2006, 11:14 AM) View Post
you dumbass, there are plenty of warnings about being banned. just because you didnt get a private message saying be warned or you didnt get a phone call from krayzie.
obviously, you f'ed up and now you are sitting in the corner crying cause you can't get on live. Do yourself a favor and shut the hell up unless you need help. dont blame Krayzie for your shizz. he didnt make you do it.

STfu honestly. The only real thing I'm trying to figure out is why his work isn't immediately corrected and a new warning hasn't been issued that's rhetorical btw. Don't give input. laugh.gif

It was his softmod that got me banned not me. Stop flaming stuff you don't understand alright? Jesus, the real thing I'm trying to figure out is if it was my mistake. I've come up with jack shit. And his installer is a big issue and a lot of people use it. So sorry for not wanting this to happen to ANYBODY else. How selfish of me right!?

Do me a favor. Ignore this post and don't followup because you swingin off krazies dick and flaming my posts isn't helping me solve anything. Got it?

Edited by kgonepostl, 17 July 2006 - 05:17 PM.

#43 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:28 PM

did you get your old xbox hard drive and plugged the hard drive into a new xbox and went to live?.. ( I mean did you use one hard drive on two different xbox's?)..

#44 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(kgonepostl @ Jul 17 2006, 05:57 PM) View Post

I can't see how I would have been flagged but yes I did swap the drive from my old one.

Seems more obvious this is the reason you are banned. Funny how you talk about people that don't know what they talk about as you are the one spitting accusations and assumptions all over the place. Not only that you are the one that sounds like he doesn't know what he talks about but you do it it in a very childish manner also.

#45 kgonepostl

kgonepostl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jul 17 2006, 12:08 PM) View Post

Seems more obvious this is the reason you are banned. Funny how you talk about people that don't know what they talk about as you are the one spitting accusations and assumptions all over the place. Not only that you are the one that sounds like he doesn't know what he talks about but you do it it in a very childish manner also.

QUOTE(kingroach @ Jul 17 2006, 11:35 AM) View Post
did you get your old xbox hard drive and plugged the hard drive into a new xbox and went to live?.. ( I mean did you use one hard drive on two different xbox's?)..

Yes I did. However I of course flashed the new eeprom from the new box onto my old hard drive so that it would work? Why? Did this flag it? Is that the only thing you guys can come up with?

If it was flagged let me know how it could have been flagged. It's teh same eeprom. I'm guessing the hard drive serial was cross referenced and they banned me?

Idk I'm talkin out my ass in this post. Followup would help me avoid this in the future. Please go into detail if this was in fact my reason for being banned and how to avoid it.
^^^^
Yep I have no Idea what I'm talkin about right krazie?

Your softmod is still flawed. You've admitted to it.I may have been flagged but easily your softmod could have jacked it as well. It's 50/50 here. Fix it. Or issue a warning.

Edited by kgonepostl, 17 July 2006 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users