DWells55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

So let me get this straight - if I set my system to dualboot the MSDash, I risk a Live banning? But only if I use 1.0? I've been softmodding for friends using 1.0 and telling them that they can boot with Eject to the MSDash which I setup and then put in a game and go on Live - this is no longer the case in 1.1/1.1.1?

#62 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:47 AM

There is no risk of live banning at this moment. The "potential" risk that is spoken of is a theory of what "might" happen in the future if ms decides to adjust their checking methods for some reason. There is always such a risk present when you mod your xbox and go live. If you want to decrease the "risk" you can coldboot the retail games.

#63 DWells55

DWells55

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:09 AM

Alright. I just did the 1.1.1 update method to the save (for future reference, you ought to do a batch script to automate this stuff, if you want I can write one) and I will install in the morning.

#64 Joshatdot

Joshatdot

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:XBMC, Softmod, XBoxHDM, TSOP, [adultswim], Anime, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons, Futurama
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:04 AM

Months ago my friend used Krazie's MA 2.8 to softmod my xbox, should I upgrade to Ndure 1.1? If so, do I just run the exploit again from MA, like he 1st softmod'd the box?

#65 dialupinternetuser

dialupinternetuser

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:56 PM

is there a 2.0, or is that a fake?

#66 tobsta_91

tobsta_91

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:54 AM

When looking through the update folder for splinter cell I noticed confg2.XML had the .xml extension in uppercase.
None of the other games (077, Mechassault) have this. Both config.xml anf config2.xml files both have their extensions in lowercase in those other games
SHould i change the extension to lowercase or leave it?

#67 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:10 AM

upper or lowercase is not an issue

#68 Rexcellent

Rexcellent

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

I Just Want to Make Sure I Undertand the Risks

QUOTE(krayzie @ Jul 30 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

There is no risk of live banning at this moment. The "potential" risk that is spoken of is a theory of what "might" happen in the future if ms decides to adjust their checking methods for some reason. There is always such a risk present when you mod your xbox and go live. If you want to decrease the "risk" you can coldboot the retail games.

Coldbooting exposes the "real C drive" correct?

If M$ did change their checking methods, couldn't they check for "non standard" files on the C drive and potentially ban you?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's worth risk. I just want to make sure I understand it as much as possible. Besides who really looses when M$ bans me? Ooh! I have to stop paying $50 a year to a multibillion dollar company? laugh.gif

Krayzie, your Installer and support is testament to all the hard work you and others have put into pioneering the softmod. I salute you.

#69 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:46 AM

Yeah your C is always exposed when you are in a retail state. No workaround about that.

#70 bardcom

bardcom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

I've softmodded 9 or 10 xboxes using the hotswap method. Only once did I have a problem (bloomin' floating ground - I fried the hard disk - forgot to use the PC power...). But that once is once too much.

I just finished two xboxes with the SC gamesave. Fantastic job Krayzie!

Thank you.

#71 Console_cracker

Console_cracker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

Whenever I try to copy my gamesaves over to my HDD from the memory card... there is no option to "copy" the game save. It only says "delete". That's it.

So, I figured what the hell... I'll try running the exploit directly from the memory card. It quickly flashes red/green error 21.

Now I know I wasn't supposed to run it from the memory card... but what is my options if the dash doesn't allow the copying of the game save?

I have a v.1.x xbox with:
K: 1.00.4034.01
D: 1.00.5960.01

I'm trying to use the Krazie's Ndure Autoinstaller Package from xbins.

Does anyone have any input on this one? Thanks for any and all help smile.gif

-C_C

#72 Console_cracker

Console_cracker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

got it! it was a corrupted game save!

It's all done!

Thanks Krayzie for the great install app!!

-C_C

#73 JohnnyVegas

JohnnyVegas

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

I installed a 200gb drive in a 1.0 xbox. Ihad a chip, I formatted through evox and placed the latest Dash on it.

I locked it, and pulled the chip.

I installed your installer and it works great but the drive only shows 123gb free with XBMC as dash?
What did I do wrong here?

#74 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

Install the Extras and change your NKpatcher to .06 (all on F, no G). Or you can format G and have the rest on G and leave the NKpatcher at .67 (F and G).

#75 monomaniacpat

monomaniacpat

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:19 AM

OK - after some faffing about I worked out the install instructions, thanks in part to this tut: http://www.se7ensins...er-1-1-1-a.html

Now I go to Applications > Krayzie Extras and then I get back to the original installation menu. The only option that jumps out is "Upgrade from 1.0".

So I click that and after some prompts it says: "this will only work if you first COMPLETELY REMOVED the 1.0 save from the hd before transfering the 1.1 save." Then "1.0 not removed. Action: rename"

Am I doing the right thing and what exactly am I meant to be removing?

Thanks,

mono.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users