lama_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

I have few questions for you:

About: Update the installer 1.1 to 1.1.1

Here are the step from the read me file:
1 if you have't unrarred the main rar allready do it now so that you'll get the main folder containing the extras,
rescue disc etc.
2 open the folder with the save (for Splinter Cell you need to open the folder from save 2)
3 unzip the udata.zip (just the udata.zip nothing else)
4 browse through the directories in udata untill you can't get any deeper and see a bunch of files (bios.bin, boot.cfg, etc)
5 delete config.xml and config2.xml
6 open the update kit folder and browse to the updatefiles directory from the appropiate game
7 copy the config.xml and config2.xml to the folder from step 4

8 open the Extras folder in the main folder (step 1)
9 delete config.xml
10 copy extras.xml from the updatefiles folder (step 6)
11 rename extras.xml to config.xml
12(optional) for use with action replays you might wanna zip back the udata folder (reverse step 3)

Itís seem simple until step 8. Why do I need to update the extra folder of the Installer 1.1 if I only use the udata.zip 1 and 2 for the softmod ? (Via the action replay) DId I still need to ftp the new (update) extra folder of the installer to the xbox???

Ok, I had no problem in update the udata.zip. That was the easy part for me. The question I have is : it is normal that there is another config.xml not use in the step by step read me file( The first you see when you open the update kit SC )

And ......Thank you for helping us with the sofmod!!!

#77 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:50 PM

you don't need to update the extras if you are not gonna use it (kinda obviously). The extras are only for "extras"

and yes it's normal

#78 lama_

lama_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

Thanks!
And if I want to use the EXTRAS folder that I just updated in step 8 to 11 in your read me file I just have to FTP this folder to my Xbox ? or if the new udata.zip (1,2) that I just update will install the extra option 1.1.1?

I'm sorry for my question but I'm a noob in softmoding and I want to do it like it should to run the 1.1.1 version

#79 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:05 PM

you just ftp the extras to e:\apps

#80 XXDICEONEXX

XXDICEONEXX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

HD display issues, can you help me out?

I have used your installer with great success... up until I need my HD settings to take.
I was wondering since your installer shadows a C and creates a "virtual" eeprom( I think, I dunno how this stuff works...) if that is why when I go to the MSdash, or EvoX, or unleashX and turn on HD resolution support and then reboot to my "in use" dash XBMC, that these higher video resolutions of not available.

I am having a REALLY hard time figuring this out.
I would very much like to get my HD running on my xbox and also would like to continue signing the praises of your installer.

thanks, I know you're busy.

but please get back if you can... I can't seem to find a answer.

#81 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

You can remove the softmod and then edit the video settings in the M$dash, then resoftmod and you will have HD resolutions. Or you can disable the virtual eeprom via Krayzies Extras and then make changes as needed.

#82 A Murder of Crows

A Murder of Crows

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:Old School Sega Saturn Modder & XiaNaiX fan from the PSX mod days.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

actually, if done with krayzie's from start to finish, you should be able to just go into the M$ dash and enable the settings from there. it affects the Virtual eeprom only, but if the eeproms match, the virtual should be able to control things.

#83 firedomain

firedomain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

Hey Krayzie,
I have the Ndure 1.1 exploit on my xbox & have been using it ever since i learnt how 2 put it there & removed my modchip (& returned all the xbox files back to stock)

but i have come across a problem with the game "Crash Twinsanity"
i have backed it up onto disc (it worked when i had my xbox chipped) but now it doesn't work.
i tried to copy it to the xbox HDD & it still wont work. when i try to load it it simply goes to a black screen & stays there. & the in game reset wont work.

i have no idea why it wont work.... i have tried to boot the game with other dash's (seeing as in the past an old version of XBMC wouldn't run burnout from the HDD) but still no luck.

could this be a flaw in the exploit? or is there some other way that someone can help me with this problem....
its a pity that this great family game is unusable on my xbox.

...oh.. & for some reason my xbox now (& for a while now) in XBMC is detecting itself as NTSC when its PAL
& the video mode options don't give me the option of PAL anymore!!!! not sure if this is anything to do with Ndure... but it used to be detected as PAL & even when i fully wipe & reinstall XBMC it still says NTSC (not such a prob.. just a shit when i try & use it on a TV that doesn't support NTSC!)

Thanx in advance, Firedomain

#84 firedomain

firedomain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

hey again.
i just found out that the game works when i'm in professional mode (through the extras)
its the only game i've ever had problems with professional mode in.
is there anyway i can turn professional mode on permanently (whether it be a modification to an xml file or some other way)
i know enough about my xbox 2 not stuff it up (permanently at least) in professional mode.

sorry for the previous long (& now mostly pointless) post.

Thanx, Firedomain

#85 firedomain

firedomain

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:45 PM

ok....... im soooooo sorry.. i've just solved all my problems & now everything is perfect!!!!!!!

soooo sorry for the waste of time posts!

cya's

#86 soopawhitee

soopawhitee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:37 PM

Hi Krayzie,
I have 2 issues I was hoping you could address.

My xbox currently has your SC 1.1 ndure mod installed, I tried upgrading to 1.1.1 using the Extra's folder following your instructions precisely. When I get to the point of actually loading the extras however, my screen flashes a few times and goes right back to my XBMC dashboard. I've tried both methods of updating it - delete the whole folder and ftp over a fresh folder(which i grabbed from the usual places), and I also tried deleting the default.xbe located in "Extras\files\xtras\".

My other question is that I found most retail games cold boot fine with your mod, but Halo2 just seems to sit at a black screen until you eject it and load it up while in "mod" orange light mode... Am I the only one? It happens to me on all the Xboxs I've used your package on...

Thank you for your time and attention,

Whitee

Edited by soopawhitee, 17 April 2007 - 10:38 PM.

#87 soopawhitee

soopawhitee

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(soopawhitee @ Apr 17 2007, 10:44 PM) View Post

Hi Krayzie,
I have 2 issues I was hoping you could address.

My xbox currently has your SC 1.1 ndure mod installed, I tried upgrading to 1.1.1 using the Extra's folder following your instructions precisely. When I get to the point of actually loading the extras however, my screen flashes a few times and goes right back to my XBMC dashboard. I've tried both methods of updating it - delete the whole folder and ftp over a fresh folder(which i grabbed from the usual places), and I also tried deleting the default.xbe located in "Extras\files\xtras\".

My other question is that I found most retail games cold boot fine with your mod, but Halo2 just seems to sit at a black screen until you eject it and load it up while in "mod" orange light mode... Am I the only one? It happens to me on all the Xboxs I've used your package on...
Thank you for your time and attention,

Whitee

Hmm... for some odd reason the upgrade menu finally came up when loading from Unleash X... not sure why it doesn't like being loaded from XBMC...

#88 penn919

penn919

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

I just used krayzie's 1.1.1 Update Kit and I was successful with the upgrade; However, after I switched off the mod and played a game of Mechassault, The run linux save will no longer load. I tried deleting the other game save, but that didn't work.

Should I delete the run linux save and then reload it again? Would that allow me to access the Krayzie Installer menu so I can re-enable the softmod?

#89 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

How did you switch off the softmod?

#90 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderator
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(penn919 @ Jun 2 2008, 11:15 AM) View Post

I just used krayzie's 1.1.1 Update Kit and I was successful with the upgrade; However, after I switched off the mod and played a game of Mechassault, The run linux save will no longer load. I tried deleting the other game save, but that didn't work.

Should I delete the run linux save and then reload it again? Would that allow me to access the Krayzie Installer menu so I can re-enable the softmod?

Playing MA with a MA exploit will most likely corrupt the saves. I would delete all MA saves and transfer a fresh 1.1.1 MA save. In this save you need to activate the afer install menu so:
Rename config.xml to config1.xml
Rename config2.xml to config.xml

You can either do this after you get ftp acces or prior to transfering the save

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users