31 replies to this topic

#1 Vhayne

Vhayne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

Just picked this up last night after playing the demo, and I have to say, it's alot of fun! smile.gif I haven't touched the single player yet, but the online part is definately worth the money. The controls seem to be right on, and even for a controller n00b like me (used to mouse and keyboard), I was able to get in quite a few kills. I mostly played as a sniper (btw, much better than PC, as single shots kill on 360), and even took down a helicopter with a single shot by shooting the pilot!!! I nearly woke up the kids I was so happy hehe. smile.gif

The graphics seem pretty good, although the shadows are a bit jaggy, and they "vibrate" when you move (weird effect). I have to say though, I like the graphics on 360 better than the PC version.

Sound. This is an area where the game truely shines. It's hard to describe, but hearing a gunfight going on in the distance, and being able to tell where it's coming from thanks to surround sound is very cool. It's like watching/listening to a good war movie.

Only problem or complaint I have so far, is it doesn't seem like people are utilizing the microphone very much. If anyone is talking regularly, it's usually just one guy that talks his mind, regardless of manners, or vulgarity.

All in all, so far, great game. smile.gif

#2 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Vhayne @ Apr 25 2006, 07:03 AM) View Post

Just picked this up last night after playing the demo, and I have to say, it's alot of fun! smile.gif I haven't touched the single player yet, but the online part is definately worth the money. The controls seem to be right on, and even for a controller n00b like me (used to mouse and keyboard), I was able to get in quite a few kills. I mostly played as a sniper (btw, much better than PC, as single shots kill on 360), and even took down a helicopter with a single shot by shooting the pilot!!! I nearly woke up the kids I was so happy hehe. smile.gif

The graphics seem pretty good, although the shadows are a bit jaggy, and they "vibrate" when you move (weird effect). I have to say though, I like the graphics on 360 better than the PC version.

Sound. This is an area where the game truely shines. It's hard to describe, but hearing a gunfight going on in the distance, and being able to tell where it's coming from thanks to surround sound is very cool. It's like watching/listening to a good war movie.

Only problem or complaint I have so far, is it doesn't seem like people are utilizing the microphone very much. If anyone is talking regularly, it's usually just one guy that talks his mind, regardless of manners, or vulgarity.

All in all, so far, great game. smile.gif

Yeah it was pretty fun online, not so much single player. The honeymoon is over for me, I'm trading it in today for the new FIFA game. Good luck getting very much feedback on this game, I think most people that peruse this site, get their panties in a bunch anytime an EA game is mentioned.

#3 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Apr 25 2006, 12:41 PM) View Post

Yeah it was pretty fun online, not so much single player. The honeymoon is over for me, I'm trading it in today for the new FIFA game. Good luck getting very much feedback on this game, I think most people that peruse this site, get their panties in a bunch anytime an EA game is mentioned.

Hahahahaha

thanks for the lead in..

"EA....."

fill in the rest beerchug.gif

Edited by Deftech, 25 April 2006 - 05:45 PM.

#4 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 25 2006, 12:49 PM) View Post

Hahahahaha

thanks for the lead in..

"EA.....ROCKS"

fill in the rest beerchug.gif

EA ROCKS

#5 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

.....SUCKS!
JK, i just think they cut alot of corners.

Edited by tonloc79, 25 April 2006 - 07:44 PM.

#6 jzoz01

jzoz01

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

I'm just glad to see someone else enjoyed this game. I love it. It's all I play. I get kinda tired of the anti-EA people, they are getting as bad as the Sony fanboys.

#7 Vhayne

Vhayne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:11 PM

Is it possible to love this game and hate EA at the same time? lol

The reason I began hating EA was due to Command & Conquer Generals. Getting that game to run online was the most retarded thing I've ever seen. The complete trouble you have to go through to configure your router is insane, and should not be an issue at all. I spent countless hours configuring and re-configuring my router setting, port forwarding and such and still wasn't able to connect. I finally turned on DMZ for my PC, and it worked, but that was ridiculous.

I think there was another game that did the exact same thing. Might have been Dawn of War.

But...I still love Battlefield 2 for the PC and 360. Beginning to like it better on 360 by far though. I mean the sniping opportunities alone is worth it. PLENTY of places to snipe from, and visibility and draw distance is awesome!! smile.gif

Yes, I snipe. I'm one of "those" hehe.

#8 Justaren

Justaren

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

bf2 was born in pc...and needs to stay in pc......

sorry guys i despise playing this game on 360..

i rather jump on GRAW and play realisticaly then ragdolls..

im not saying i hate EA.. but they dont give enough effort in their games... tahst why i stick with UBISOFT...EA KILLER....

#9 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(Justaren @ Apr 25 2006, 06:36 PM) View Post

im not saying i hate EA.. but they dont give enough effort in their games... tahst why i stick with UBISOFT...EA KILLER....

Couldnt agree more.

#10 VOlition

VOlition

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:56 PM

Oh WHY Oh did EA RUIN THE JAMESBOND SERIES! WHY!

#11 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

Yeah the game wasnt alot of fun until I actually started trying out all of the maps. I loved the map called backstab. The helicopters are so much fun but they are too easy to destroy. I would buy the game if they took out the snipers laser target because it is impossible to stay in the air with a sniper in the area. I got all of the online achievements except for four by cheating with people on the Xbox forums tongue.gif

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(VOlition @ Apr 25 2006, 07:03 PM) View Post

Oh WHY Oh did EA RUIN THE JAMESBOND SERIES! WHY!

dont even get me going on that. I forgot all about that debacle until you just reminded me grr.gif

grr.gif

#13 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(Justaren @ Apr 25 2006, 06:36 PM) View Post

Everyone has opinions, but I would rather play BF2 MC on 360 then GRAW anyday

I played it on PC and didn't like it much (but I hate using the keyboard and mouse) I am a controller guy on the couch with 100" HDTV screen

#14 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:26 AM

Oh ya I remember now in the PC version you were able to release flares from the helicopter to avoid you from getting destroyed. Is there flares in the Xbox 360 version?

2000Th Post

Edited by Master X, 26 April 2006 - 12:27 AM.

#15 Kernal69er

Kernal69er

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE(Master X @ Apr 25 2006, 07:33 PM) View Post

Oh ya I remember now in the PC version you were able to release flares from the helicopter to avoid you from getting destroyed. Is there flares in the Xbox 360 version?

2000Th Post

Dunno, I never get a chance to use the helicopter. The little kids are always running their own teamates over to get there first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users