8 replies to this topic

#1 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:32 PM

I just installed a brand new DuoX2 chip (white cromwell one) and booted it up. Both flashBIOS and cromwell loaded up no problems. I went to flash via HTTP as I have done many times before and flashed the chip. The chip took the flash and powered off the xbox when done. When I went to boot it back up the xbox is fragging.. so I thought hmm, bad flash. I proceed over to the flashBIOS bank (overwrote the cromwell one) and to my luck nothing is working.

Xbox powers up, powers down, duo light works... Cromwell bank flashed with Xecuter 5035 bios, 512kB.. flashBIOS bank untouched.. neither bank working..

Anyone have any suggestions on what could have happened?

weird, unlplugged the console for 5 minutes and the flashBIOS loaded up again. I am thinking theres more than meets the eye with this thing, so I rephrase the question now..

What is causing the duo to not load up until the system is completely discharged? ( have tried to reflash with a X2 bios, I will try another bios after it loads up again and see what the results are)

Edited by ruciz, 25 April 2006 - 08:41 PM.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:10 AM

I have had some issues with the 50XX series of Xecuter bios files (even with genuine DuoX 2 chip), clones are usually a definite no with this bios.
Double check the soldering on the LPC as high resistance connection can cause the problem as well.

#3 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:02 PM

will do, the chip is genuine I know that - but header wasn't installed by me so I will double check the traces to the mainboard, and continuality from the chip to the LPC. I figure this is somewhat related to this problem. The xbox had a TSOP flash which went bad, so its the chip or nothing at this point.

(due to laziness) I know there was an LPC rebuild pinout diagram for the V1.6 consoles kicking around a while back - I think in part to the fact that the rebuild boards sucked.. I was wondering if one existed for a V1.0 console, so I could verify the LPC pins go to where they should on the mainboard and none are burnt up inside. This is a V1.0 so the holes had to be desoldered for the header to go in...

./edit - followed your link and found them on the page.. will check them out later to see what I find.

Edited by ruciz, 26 April 2006 - 01:18 PM.

#4 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:28 PM

okay, verified the LPC is all good (or traces to be), and checked the resistances. I found on the F and G points of the LPC the resistance I had some variations. They should be as listed below, right?

PIN 1(G) = 6.79 MEG OHMS
PIN 3(F) = 6.79 MEG OHMS

I am getting more like

PIN 1(G) = 9.24 MEG OHMS
PIN 3(F) = 9.55 MEG OHMS

3Mohm seems like a big enough difference for concern.

I checked from the LPC and where it pins out to both, 3 different times on each, and they all read that. All other readings seem right, not sure what is meant by pin 6. (Held DMM on points for around 30 sec and it kept charging from about 100ohm to around 2.8K until I slipped..)

So, I think this poses a problem, causing the chip not to flas/load corectly.. but how would I go about fixing it? The header is a full header that covers all pins, and don't look to be easy to take out.

#5 Hawk3r

Hawk3r

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:49 AM

k this happened to me just now, flashed bios, said it flashed well, then on reboot, (3 boot )then frag right ?

yeh so this was the end of my bank i thouight, then out of curiosity, i started playing with the eject button after it rebooted 3 times, (on the bank that was fucked) and my screen flickered and showed the flashbios screen i had just flashed over the cromwell one. and well now it boots just fine everrytime.. I think mayb its a bug with the chips ?

I hope this helps some people as It did for me ?! lol... man i'm happy smile.gif

try it, tell me if you get any success.. after reboots 3 times, and starts to frag press eject button (thinking you soldered the BT wire on the front pcb )

#6 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(Hawk3r @ Apr 27 2006, 02:56 AM) View Post

k this happened to me just now, flashed bios, said it flashed well, then on reboot, (3 boot )then frag right ?

yeh so this was the end of my bank i thouight, then out of curiosity, i started playing with the eject button after it rebooted 3 times, (on the bank that was fucked) and my screen flickered and showed the flashbios screen i had just flashed over the cromwell one. and well now it boots just fine everrytime.. I think mayb its a bug with the chips ?

I hope this helps some people as It did for me ?! lol... man i'm happy smile.gif

try it, tell me if you get any success.. after reboots 3 times, and starts to frag press eject button (thinking you soldered the BT wire on the front pcb )

Thanks for this, the BT is on pin 9 for always on as the TSOP on the xbox is completely hosed.. I will wire it up to the front and see what happens tho.

#7 Hawk3r

Hawk3r

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:47 AM

yeh its worth a try to screw with the buttons on the xbox when its fragging, cuz mine was fraggin for like 20 mins, i tried everything but still frag, then i just played with the power and eject buttons and like it loaded up.. now it boots up everytime very well.. dude i'd laugh if this was the way to fix frags for duox2 , cuz nobody seems to have found the answer except just hotswappin it.

Cuz alot of people have reported there xbox fraggin after a succesfull flash with a 512k bios .. so yea, could be some luck man. i'd solder that bt wire underneath your mobo where the front pcb actually connects to the connector, solder underneath that.. so then you don't have to remove it to remove your mobo !

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:43 PM

I think mayb its a bug with the chips ?

I doubt it.
Sounds more like your install work to me.

#9 Hawk3r

Hawk3r

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

Well i dunno, The only thing i've heard so far from this so called 3 reboot then frag issue is that people have to get another chip and hotswap the chips to get it working again, and well i thought i was going to have to do that , but then just pressing the buttons probably did some kind of power thing to the chip and then kinda just came back to life and kicked in.. cuz seriously all it did was the frag , and i thought i was a goner !

Anyways just thought i'd let people know, hey who knows it could help somebody else. i'm sure this has happened to many people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users