Rodstorm

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

Have any of you guys had trouble registering with PlayOnline to play FFXI?
I live in Australia and its been a nightmare.
I spent 4 days at various times of the day and night trying to register but kept getting that famous POL-1361 error message.
4 days is a long time to wait to play a new game you just brought.
So I emailled PlayOnline asking what the go is and no reply.
So I did a live webchat with one of the customer reps who said there was a server error with so many people on that it just couldnt handle the volume and to keep trying.
After 4 days of "keep trying" the only thing being really tried now was my patience and temper.
Apparently the servers are in Japan and the helpline is in Europe so there was nothing this guy could do except say sorry, keep trying.
I could only get as far as entering my birthdate and then the error would reappear everytime I hit next.
So after one more day of trying back on the webchat I go to tear these guys a new one.
Same thing, we're really sorry but suck s*#t you have to keep trying.
So I did.
I hit try again after entering my birthdate 118 times until it went through, then 77 times to enter my address and 52 times to enter my billing info.
That was on top of the 20 to 50 other attempts of hitting try again to enter other info and agree to user info.
That all took 2 and a half hours but hey I was finally registered with PlayOnline...woohooo...until it came to entering the content id's.
Each one took around 60 to 80 goes at hitting try again for all 4 lots of numbers to be entered.
That took a bit over an hour, 3 and a half hours plus just to register for a game.
Sorry PlayOnline but that is f@#ked, really really f@#ked...totally pathetic.
If they know there is a server problem hey heres one for you...fix it.
They knew when the US got the game the servers would be hit and hit hard, then we got it so of course it was going to be busy.
The hard thing for us Aussies is during the day the Japanese are on registering so the server is busy, during our night the US is on registering and the Europeans are on as well at different times so when will the server ever be easy to get onto and not be busy....never.
On the positive side once this is all done the game connects without failure or problem and away you go.
I hope everyone else didnt have to go through this crap as well.

#2 Master X

Master X

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users