3 replies to this topic

#1 geo22

geo22

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:36 AM

I've had my 360 for a couple of months now with no problems untill today when I started playing perfect dark. All of a sudden in the middle of the game, the system would just shut off, and the LED of the power supply glows red. I tried clicking on the Power button but nothing happens. So i unplug the damn thing waited a few seconds and plugged it back in. The PSU's LED went back to the normal orange glow, and I was able to power up the console again. I didnt notice any flashing red lights on the Ring of light but my controller's lights were blinking when the console was mysteriously turned off. I didnt mind it that much..and started playing again until an hour later it happened again! Its happened 3 times now on the same game (PDZ) and ive never experienced it on any of my other games. Could this be game-related? But then again, PDZ was one of my first purchases and only now did this wierd problem started to occur. I dont think its a heating problem since i've been using the Nyko intercooler, and the 360 wasnt even hot or warm enough to the touch to be worried about. Has any one else here experienced the same problem? What does the red LED light on the PSU mean?

#2 Cyclone268

Cyclone268

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:56 PM

red light on the PSU means there is a fault, so i'd say its the power supply.

#3 dskid807

dskid807

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

My power supply went red when it got too hot so it could be that

#4 BlueMonster

BlueMonster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

I had a power supply problem, make sure you have nothing connected to the USB ports (controllers, etc.). My power supply would fault if I had my plug and charge cable connected with the controller, I think it was a bad battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users