#1 uragon

uragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:21 PM

WILLING TO UP SOME $$$$ FOR SOME GOOD SKINS WITH THE PROPER XIPS FROM REPUTABLE SKINNERS (IE GASCLOWN, ODB718)

First of all I would like to give props to all the people that do make these skins..Its hard work and I now realize that and Im giving all the people in that work on this skins to make them look so good.

Here is my situation. I currently do mods for alot of customers and I would like nothing more than to give them a great product so I can get referal and by looking at all this skins this is my ticket. Now I downloaded a bunch of skins and when I was looking at the preview pics I was blown away by what I was seing, in particular the skins Im talking about is FUNNY that was done by Kermit57 according to the site. But when I put them into my xbox I was disappointed to see that it look plain. I couldnt even see the background but after tireless searches I figured the background out. My first attempt to change the default was a pretty funny story though..I thought I could edit the default.xip in wordpad and everytime I put the default.xip back into the xbox, the xbox wouldnt load. But after numerous searches I figured out the Winxip and xip/xap deal. Ok so the background works but I still cant see the nice looking orb and the dna strands. So I went to searching again and ran into the orb code that I tried to manually do my self at first no go..never worked, not even close...I dont know about this codes when I put them in..Do I simply just cut and paste and not worry about spacing, cause when I paste them in the xip/xap I organize the spacing to try and match the rest of the codes as far as tab goes. Is it ok to just simply paste and move on? I dont know cause the more complicated code I have yet to get to work but I did find that patcher though and bammm ok...starting to look nice. but I still cant see that orb and the dna strand that I seen on the preview pic of the FUNNY skin. Even after I used the orbPatched UIX with the dashboard option for the DNA to be enabled I still cannot see the dna strand on the preview pic. I also have tried the that tute by JC to be able to skin the orb. that didnt work and I also tried kanabara tut on seeing that orb and everytime I edit that code and put it back UIX does not load. This coding is really something else and I give props to all the people that made this skins.. Its just not for me..I would like to try more but after a month of searching and experimenting I have only been able to work the simple background code.. muhaha.gif muhaha.gif I just dont have the time for this my old lady is getting mad at me too cause Im starting to spend more time on the computer that spend time on her...I need help.

I AM WILLING TO UP SOME $$$$$ FOR SOME GOOD SKINS WITH THE PROPER XIPS FROM REPUTABLE SKINNERS LIKE (GASCLOWN) and thanks odb718 for trying to help me the other day on the UIX channell.
or just make the proper xips for the skins I want to make them look like the preview pic. (ie FUNNY or CHROME.)

#2 uragon

uragon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:14 AM

biggrin.gif Ok a little progress. Manage to get a hold of 360 revised skin and followed the intruction on how and where to apply the code. First attempt the "memory.xip/default2.xap" went good but the "main_menue.xip/default.xap " didnt do so good. Nothing was showing visually but sound where there and when I went to the memory menu where HD,APP,GAME,Dashboard menu wollaa the orb with the 360 spinners nice work I said. So I then troubleshooted the main_menu.xip. After looking at it carefully here is what I did wrong

This is what I was supposed to add to main_menu.xip/default.xap.

CODE:

DEF Modded_Orb Transform
{
children
[
Spinner
{
rpm 2.75
axis 0 8 0
children
[
Shape
{
appearance Appearance
{
material MaxMaterial { name "ReflectSurface" }
texture ImageTexture
{
alpha false
url "lgreen.xbx"
}
}
geometry Mesh { url "high_rings.xm" }
}
]
}
Spinner
{
rpm 6.75
axis 0 -4 0
children
[
Shape
{
appearance Appearance
{
texture ImageTexture
{
alpha false
url "yellow.xbx"
}
}
geometry Mesh { url "low_rings.xm" }
}
]
}
Spinner
{
rpm 10.75
axis 0 -2 0
children
[
Shape
{
appearance Appearance
{
texture ImageTexture
{
alpha false
url "green.xbx"
}
}
geometry Mesh { url "low_rings.xm" }
}
]
}
Waver
{
rpm 8
children
[
Shape
{
appearance Appearance
{
texture ImageTexture
{
alpha false
url "lgreen.xbx"
}
}
geometry Mesh { url "high_rings.xm" }
}
]
}
]
rotation -0.993700 -0.088440 0.068970 -1.576000
//scale 47.000000 47.000000 47.000000
scale 0 0 0
//scale 43.000000 43.000000 43.000000
scaleOrientation 0.036530 0.975200 0.218400 -0.396500
translation -54.880000 -15.100000 29.980000
}//DEF Modded_Orb Transform
]

}//DEF theMainMenuCam Transform

//////////////////////////////// <-------------- these slashes

CODE END

So I tried deleting the slashes at the end...and wolla it worked..

I just thought I would share this information because this well help to to change the orb...all I should have to do is stick new meshes of orbs I like where I had inserted the 2("high_ring.xm and low_ring.xm) main_menu.xip and just rename those meshes with high_ring.xm or/and low_ring.xm well shit thats easy I guess...I think I am ammusing correctly as a noobie at this stuff common sense hey...I mean yeah it would rotate like the 360 orb but hey I can change it and atleast I have figured out what some xips control and also I can take a closer look at the code and just mess with it a little bit to see what it does....Ok I guess Ill get to trying to figure out this code and mess with it a little bit..STILL WOULD LIKE THE DNA TO SHOW THOUGH AND IM ALSO STILL WILLING TO DONATE $$$$ FOR SOME HARD WORK ON SKINS... Thanks for those who have help.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users