4 replies to this topic

#1 PlatinumSkater

PlatinumSkater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:59 PM

i mentioned this problem in another thread but never got it fixed....

i put the files from my softmodded C onto a dvd using xboxhdm and followed the tutorial that was recently posted (not yours kingroach (yet))... i was using a 100 gb harddrive (keep in mind my xbox dvd drive doesnt work) i got it locked, tested, error 16... went back to the original hdd, booted fine softmodded... the harddrive was a seagate, and i remember seeing someone saying u have to remove a DDO in seagates...

either way i unlocked the hdd and tryed a 40gb with the same disk... it locked and when i put it in it boots to error 6... so i went to unlock it, and it wont unlock now, but oh well

i reformatted the seagate and went through the diskwizard and there were no DDO options dry.gif

i also read xboxhdm messes up softmod exploits... not sure how accurate that is

Right now i have a working dvd drive from a friends xbox in mine (not sure if that will be a factor or not)...
but should i just grab kingroaches installer and manually put the files on the harddrive through xbrowser, then lock it with xboxhdm?

(after the WD not being able to unlock (i tryed numurous times) im not sure how well i trust it at all....)

anyone?

btw i am saying this halfway through reading kingroaches thread

#2 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

error 6= the xbox cannot unlock the drive, was it locked with the correct eeprom?

DD0??? never heard any of that?

#3 italianiceag

italianiceag

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Apr 27 2006, 09:02 PM) View Post

error 6= the xbox cannot unlock the drive, was it locked with the correct eeprom?
DD0??? never heard any of that?

Or even stupider...did you type the wrong password if you didnt use lockhd -a?

I've done that once wink.gif

Edited by italianiceag, 27 April 2006 - 09:09 PM.

#4 PlatinumSkater

PlatinumSkater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

i knew what the error was, and im pretty sure that it is the correct eeprom.... i will make a new backup of the eeprom though and try again.... its just i think my 40gb wd is junk now...

i dont think it ever asked for a password...

if it did, i followed the instructions i was following.... there are 2 xboxes here but the 2nd xbox never got power through the process...

im just not sure...

for now i just rebuilt the partitions on the drive, its still unlocked, ill probably wait until i come to the problem. i have my bros xbox though (i softmodded it a while ago) so that is where the dvd drive comes in (his is a 1.0, and normally hotswaps with hdds easily)

i have 1 question though, after it locked the seagate it said security/lock enable Yes
frozen was no and the others were no as well.... while the WD said yes for security/lock enabled but at frozen said yes as well.... does that mean anything?

if i could only find my xodus it would be absolutely no problem with a 1.0...

Edited by PlatinumSkater, 27 April 2006 - 10:18 PM.

#5 italianiceag

italianiceag

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(PlatinumSkater @ Apr 27 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

if i could only find my xodus it would be absolutely no problem with a 1.0...

I have one wink.gif.

Don't use it either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users