5 replies to this topic

#1 EnergySurge

EnergySurge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

Alright, in my hunt for lexan @ the local HomeDepot, the only type I could find had this wierd light turqoise/light green tint to it, upon looking around even more, i forget what brand it was but I found this REALLY REALLY thin plastic sheet and I cut it JUST @ the right amount using my dremel

now that I look at it, its pretty fuzzy so its not like you can see EVERY single thing inside the case. anyone bought this stuff and if so, were you happy with the results? I wont know until I get my lighting stuff in the mail which could be anywhere from tomorrow for the SMDs to late next week for the cathode kit and the 2x60mm metal led fans (blue leds on them)

#2 InfernO8

InfernO8

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(EnergySurge @ Apr 27 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

Alright, in my hunt for lexan @ the local HomeDepot, the only type I could find had this wierd light turqoise/light green tint to it, upon looking around even more, i forget what brand it was but I found this REALLY REALLY thin plastic sheet and I cut it JUST @ the right amount using my dremel

now that I look at it, its pretty fuzzy so its not like you can see EVERY single thing inside the case. anyone bought this stuff and if so, were you happy with the results? I wont know until I get my lighting stuff in the mail which could be anywhere from tomorrow for the SMDs to late next week for the cathode kit and the 2x60mm metal led fans (blue leds on them)

I am not really sure if you ended up buying that light green looking peice, but chances are that wasn't the actual lexan it was a protective layer that you peel off which prevents the lexan from being damaged by scratches.

#3 tikidrummer

tikidrummer

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:drums, xbox, modding , computers, music, and hacking
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:37 AM

i would keep it even if it's a little frosted. yeah like infern08 said it might just be a platic cover on it.

#4 EnergySurge

EnergySurge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:23 AM

lol, and yes. it was a protective layer, im a retard biggrin.gif

#5 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, at home depot, the stuff with the green protective film is the good stuff (lexan), the ones with the blue layer aren't as good (acrylic). If you look at their little chart the lexan is like 100x stronger than the acryllic.

The acrylic is pretty brittle, it tends to crack and stuff, but the lexan is almost ubreakable, you can fold the stuff in half and it wont snap.

good luck

#6 K4rb0N8

K4rb0N8

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

i would keep the slightly frosted piece, frosted windows = teh winnings. lexan would be the best pick for the job and if u wanna try it, u could probably make some other parts out of it. ive been trying to bend out a new air channel from my left over lexan by hitting it with a butane lighter and bending it. just make sure that u keep your hands away from the heated area, lexan will retain heat really well and it will HURT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users