• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RockinRob

RockinRob

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have 2 Xbox. One with a Xenium S.P. Ice chip and another for Xbox live. I decided to upgrade the first Xbox with the Xenium from a 120 gig hard drive to a 300 gig hard drive, and then soft mod the Xbox used for live with the 120 gig HDD in it.

The Xbox with the Xenium upgraded fine to the 300 gig, and I soft modded the 120 gig hard drive using the same Xbox with the Xenium. The soft mod worked fine in the Xenium Xbox, but when I transferred the 120 hard drive to the Xbox originally used for live, I got the number 6 error code for unable to unlock hard drive. I also got the number 5 error code for hard drive unlocked if I unlock the drive with the Xenium Xbox and then return the HDD to the Xbox origianlly used for live. I tried putting the Xenium chip in the original live Xbox which is having the problems with locking to see if I could unlock the HDD with the chip. However, even when I attempt to unlock the HDD with the Xenium in the live Xbox, I get a message from the chip that it failed to unlock the HDD.

Does anyone know what I can do to use the 120BB western digital HDD on a soft modded Xbox?

#2 [Captain_America]

[Captain_America]

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Interests:Computers, xbox, halo.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

wow, that was somewhat confusing.

You need to lock the 120 GB hdd with the eeprom thats on the xbox that you are going to put it in using xboxhdm. So what you need to do is put the stock hdd into the xboxlive xbox and softmod it. You then need to get the eeprom.bin file from it via ftp. Then you need to download xboxhdm and put the eeprom.bin from your live xbox into the eeprom.bin folder of xboxhdm. You then make the iso and burn it to a cd-r. Then you boot your computer with the xboxhdm disc with your 120gb hdd as the master in your computer. Then you need to lock it.

if you are confused, read up on xboxhdm and post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users