• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Madman78

Madman78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

I'm really not sure what's going on as this problem could be software or hardware related. Anyway, I've been getting an error message while playing games "the disc you are using is either dirty or damaged" and when I try to reset the xbox it comes up with error 21. The same can be said for using emulators although in that situatuion the emulators simply freeze up. The weird part about the situation is the longer it is off the more likely it is to boot up ok and I'll get about 1/2 hour of gameplay before it freezes up again. However, if it's only off for a bit than avalaunch will boot with just the background but no options will appear. Whenever, the machine freezes up and tells me there's a prob with the disc it makes a noise (I think it's the disc drive like it's trying to search for a file or something). Anyway, when I hear that noise it's game over. Sometimes it will make that noise even when booting and not playing a game but then it simply freezes up regardless.

Needless to say I have no idea what's wrong. The avalaunch version I'm using is v.0.49.3xmasbuild138. I use an executer2 chip. The reason I thought it may be hardware related is that I recently transported the xbox to a friends and the probs have begun since then. Any help is greatlyappriciated. I've done quite a bit of research on error 21 but it seems to be a fairly random error message; that's why I went into so much detail about what has been happening. If you thik that this is not an avalaunch problem then let me know so I can post this in the appropriate form. Thanks a buynch in adavance,

Madman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users