• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ps2kidd

ps2kidd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:48 AM

screen shots? video of new progress? anything... please please please....etc...........................

#2 timo1023

timo1023

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

Trust me, its WAY better for the project that the team isn't up here posting all day like they used to.

#3 Shexo

Shexo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:35 PM

Just wait until it's released, it's better not to see screenshots or any videos.

Peace

#4 zordon

zordon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:41 PM

It would be nice if the team did an announcement on a monday to the effect there will be no release this week, it would save me from checking everyday.

#5 bob808

bob808

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(zordon @ Apr 28 2006, 01:48 PM) View Post

It would be nice if the team did an announcement on a monday to the effect there will be no release this week, it would save me from checking everyday.

Then dont check every day... I used to too, but having seen all the hysteria that was caused earler in the month, realised that this aint exactly going to change my life (sorry blackbolt). It is a skin, we can use XBMC quite well without it, other skins are pretty cool too - just relax, keep doing what you do (when not worrying about this skin) and when it's out, then download it, donate to blackbolt and the team if you like and enjoy!

I use XBMC lots of the time, and think it's great - I am looking forwards to using MC360 when it is realeased, but am not going to lose any sleep over a delay - if it came out today and had problems then how many posts would be here saying that this bit doesnt work, or that bit isnt right... We dont even know what stage it is in - maybe it works, but there are a couple of bugs, maybe there is a big part of it that is not yet implemented... just relax and let the devs get on with it.

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant - getting fed up reading some of the posts lately biggrin.gif

bob808

#6 k3n85

k3n85

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'm trying to figure out if people are just that dumb when they say "Gimme gimme gimme" settle down and go watch grass grow or something. Honestly I'm pretty sure you have more important things to do then spam this site waiting for a skin. I'm personally awaiting XBMC 2.0 a bit more, the skin is quite the perk on that note.

So just untangle them whitey-tighties and wait it out like the rest of us

#7 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

i realized that with all this happening (email from M$ - v2.0 not near ready)... i stopped checking comp.gif every chance a i got....

#8 jrmp

jrmp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 04:57 AM

i was going through my xbmc...and i figured out that its 2.0.....cuz i have this so call skin 360...(its like tabs at the left side) and i select that one...and it said that xbmc only supported skins for versions 2.0 and up...and this is a new xbmc..i got it like 5 days ago....well the point is that i think i have xbmc 2.0, but not from the original makers, from tech..or cvs..idk...but the screens have like animation...i think it would be perfectly compatible for mc360

Edited by jrmp, 29 April 2006 - 04:58 AM.

#9 shznyt

shznyt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

Thursday 6th April 2006
Reminder about MC360 Release Date

Just a quick reminder to those that don't visit the site often, MC360 was delayed, almost 2 weeks ago now, the delay isnt that great, probably only a few extra weeks, but just a heads up for those that come visiting still expecting a release tomorrow. We won't set a new date, but we will tell you at least a few days before its going to be out. So keep checking back soon, it can be anytime now..

Taken from his site. So why wouldn't guys keep checking? Obviously he doesn't have to give us an update, but it seems like the courteous thing to do.

#10 Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE(shznyt @ Apr 29 2006, 05:15 AM) View Post

Taken from his site. So why wouldn't guys keep checking? Obviously he doesn't have to give us an update, but it seems like the courteous thing to do.

Good point

Edited by Voodoo Child, 29 April 2006 - 05:59 AM.

#11 TeonHarasymiv

TeonHarasymiv

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(jrmp @ Apr 29 2006, 05:04 AM) View Post

i was going through my xbmc...and i figured out that its 2.0.....cuz i have this so call skin 360...(its like tabs at the left side) and i select that one...and it said that xbmc only supported skins for versions 2.0 and up...and this is a new xbmc..i got it like 5 days ago....well the point is that i think i have xbmc 2.0, but not from the original makers, from tech..or cvs..idk...but the screens have like animation...i think it would be perfectly compatible for mc360

That isn't XBMC V2.0 - T3CH is just the name of the guy who compiles the code.

#12 RedRobin666

RedRobin666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:11 AM

k3n85: As TeonHarasymiv is saying what you've got at the moment is the latest BETA of XBMC v2.0 compiled by a person called T3CH who isn't the only one, but is certainly the best known person who goes to the trouble of compiling the XMBC source code on a regular basis (many thanks to him for making our lives easier love.gif ! )

Yes, if you've got the latest T3CH build then effectively you do have an almost complete v2.0 beta version of XBMC, including enhancements that the programmers have made specifically to support some of the requirements for mc360.

There's been an amazingly close collaboration between XBMC and mc360 people (some actively work on both) which is one of the reasons that this skin is able to do soo much more than previous skins (as well as the fact that this is a 'team' built skin, not just a single person...although Blackbolt is kind of chairman, and started the work, hence the prominence of his name.)

If you read around this and the main XBMC forum you'll find that officially XBMC is in feature freeze, so the beta you've got should run mc360 now (subject to bugs or things we don't know about...but that build is what Blackbolt and co will be testing on atm)

Saying that though it's always hard to feature freeze XBMC when there are soo many good ideas floating around, hence things like a new Python library sneaking in there on latest T3CH build...which they've admitted is likely to initially break some existing scripts.

XBMC people really do have a hard choice as they want as many features cleared off the wishlists, but as stable as possible release, so that people who don't upgrade their XBMC that often can stay with this version for a long time. Officially everyone is still recommended to be using the v1.1.0 which was released in October 2004!!! (without DVD Player)

RedRobin

#13 KiMiK

KiMiK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

always waiting tongue.gif

Give us a try Blackbolt laugh.gif

I am bored to wait sleep.gif
You told a lot of time "its coming on..."
but nothing

I think you should put a beta if no i am going to suicide me rolleyes.gif

#14 k3n85

k3n85

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

RedRobin666: .... huh, i was making a comment to the topic poster. Anyways I'm just awaiting both releases

#15 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(kics @ Apr 28 2006, 07:27 PM) View Post

i realized that with all this happening (email from M$ - v2.0 not near ready)... i stopped checking comp.gif every chance a i got....

XBMC v2.0 isn't even NEAR ready? I was under the impression it could be released almost any time....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users