• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 haggertus

haggertus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

My xbox worked fine until last saturday. I watched a dvd, then rebooted it and tried to play a game. It booted to the MS dashboard and came up with a screen saying something to the effect of that my xbox needed repair and to call MS. This was with my mod chip (xecuter 2) turned off. The game was not a backup.

So I turned off my xbox, and turned my mod chip on booted it back up. Evox loads fine. I go to launch games or apps, and it takes me to the loading screen then back into evox.

Any ideas on what's happening?

#2 DarkMatter

DarkMatter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:33 PM

Check to make sure that your E: partition has at least 800Mb of free space.
Have you tried booting the game by having it in the ROM drive, power off, then power back on???
Regards,
DarkMatter

#3 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

What was the error number in the top left hand corner of the error screen.

#4 buddy69

buddy69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:28 AM

biggrin.gif My unmodded one just did that to me lasnight so i called M/S an they gave me a code you put in with your controller to refresh your hdd an it worked . but i lost every thing on the hdd! PH#1800 4my xbox

#5 haggertus

haggertus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(DarkMatter @ Apr 28 2006, 11:40 PM) View Post

Check to make sure that your E: partition has at least 800Mb of free space.
Have you tried booting the game by having it in the ROM drive, power off, then power back on???
Regards,
DarkMatter

E partition has more than 4gb free. I tried putting the game in, turning it off, and then back on again. I get the same error. I have noticed that it boots to the ms-dash fine with no error if there is no disk in. I can go in and mess with all of the settings. Once I put something in the dvd drive i get the error message. I took a picture of the screen it gives me:
IPB Image

Here's my evox screen, it shows my partition space:
IPB Image

QUOTE(Cappi @ Apr 29 2006, 01:17 AM) View Post

What was the error number in the top left hand corner of the error screen.

I don't see an error number. See the screen shot above, I might have missed something.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

QUOTE(buddy69 @ Apr 29 2006, 01:35 AM) View Post

biggrin.gif My unmodded one just did that to me lasnight so i called M/S an they gave me a code you put in with your controller to refresh your hdd an it worked . but i lost every thing on the hdd! PH#1800 4my xbox

I guess I could ftp my stuff off of my hard drive and do this. Does it just delete for c partition?

#6 buddy69

buddy69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:50 AM

My xbox was stock an it cleared all the saved games an music. but it was a free 10 min fix not to bad biggrin.gif

#7 haggertus

haggertus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

Anyone know what this hard drive refresh will delete? I'm thinking that I'll probably need a backup of atleast C and E. All of my games and apps are on my f partition, will I need to back that up as well?

Thanks

#8 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

Its always good to have a backup of everything. I just recently lost a 120GB hdd that was almost full had up to 12GB left. I just need to find someone with the same hard drive that has bad sectors that cant use it so i can swap PCB's.

#9 haggertus

haggertus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

New development. I decided to try a pc dvd drive just to try and narrow the problem down from being either hdd or dvd-drive related.

I left the power plugged into the xbox-dvd drive but plugged the ide cable into a pc-dvd drive. I got power buy using a splitter off of the hdd power plug.

If I put a real game in to the xbox-dvd drive (not a backup), then put a dvd movie into the pc-dvd drive it will play they movie when the mod chip is turned off. Before it was giving me that error screen.

This changed what was happening in evox too. now instead of going to the loading screen then booting back into evox, it locks up at the loading screen. This happens if I am loading from the hard drive or from a dvd.

I'm starting to think this is a dvd-drive related problem since it has changed the symptoms. I'm looking at replacement drives, does it matter if I replace it with the same brand as the one my xbox came with? I've got a thompson right now.

I'm going to try and get a friend to let me use his xbox dvd-drive later this week and see if that fixes my problems.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users