X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Rock Music, and Gaming/Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:37 PM

ok i have an idea and it may be a dumb one but on an xbox with a modchip you can setup different partitions(i think)...what if i did one partition with the xbox files and dashboard and the other with xp could i switch between the two partitions like on a pc and if i install usbs then windows would have plug and play for mice/other devices...i would preload everything from my pc then install the hdd to the xbox...this may not be possible but hey thats why its an idea..thanks

another dumb question

also if i put the xbox hdd and dvd drive on a regular mobo what will happen????? if it will boot xbox at all i can get controller to hook up usb no prob....with this possibility of working i could change vid card and get a faster cpu plus more....

thanks in advance if i sound like a dumbass...ive never tried any of this just wondering if it was possible at all....

Edited by joseph420, 28 April 2006 - 10:44 PM.

#2 x-fox

x-fox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(joseph420 @ Apr 28 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

ok i have an idea and it may be a dumb one

biggrin.gif YOU SAID IT biggrin.gif

QUOTE(joseph420 @ Apr 28 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

another dumb question

biggrin.gif YOU SAID IT AGAIN biggrin.gif

#3 joseph420

joseph420

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Rock Music, and Gaming/Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:25 AM

ok thanks....

#4 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE(joseph420 @ Apr 29 2006, 07:44 AM) View Post

ok i have an idea and it may be a dumb one but on an xbox with a modchip you can setup different partitions(i think)...what if i did one partition with the xbox files and dashboard and the other with xp could i switch between the two partitions like on a pc and if i install usbs then windows would have plug and play for mice/other devices...i would preload everything from my pc then install the hdd to the xbox...this may not be possible but hey thats why its an idea..thanks

Won't work, the Xbox's 'nForce' chipset is too buggy. Plus Windows'd probably see fit to delete your Xbox partitions, thus rendering it useless for anything but a giant, awkward paper-weight.

QUOTE(joseph420 @ Apr 29 2006, 07:44 AM) View Post
another dumb question

also if i put the xbox hdd and dvd drive on a regular mobo what will happen????? if it will boot xbox at all i can get controller to hook up usb no prob....with this possibility of working i could change vid card and get a faster cpu plus more....

thanks in advance if i sound like a dumbass...ive never tried any of this just wondering if it was possible at all....

It won't work either, the xbox needs a BIOS specifically designed to work on it to work correctly and aforementioned BIOS only works on the xbox mobo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users