• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 t3h1337n00b

t3h1337n00b

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

I'm interested in modding my xbox, prefferably without having to spend any money, but I have a few questions first.

1. I had read here that you can use a modified USB cable to connect a USB storage device to the Xbox, but it was unclear whether it was necessary to format the device using a modded xbox or if any xbox did it for you. Can someone locate the tutorial to make this modified USB cable, becasue I couldn't find one.

2. What is the purpose of the "Bert and Ernie" font files?

3. I read somewhere that if you modify your Xbox dashboard and then go on Xbox Live, MS will either ban you from Live or will change your dash back to normal and disable your ability to change it again. Is this true?

If you have been on Live and try to do so again with a new HD and an old eeprom,
that is where you will get banned.

If you have been on Live with this Xbox, you will also need to change your eeprom
if you decide to go to a larger hard drive, which you will probably do.

I still don't understand what exactly an eeprom is, but I don't plan on getting a larger hard drive, so will I still have a problem with live?

But you can make your own USB cord *tut. can be found on X-S* and use a USB Memory Stick to accomplish a softmod.

Like I said originally, I know you can do this, but I was confused on whether you had to format the USB device with an already modded Xbox in order for it to work.

Also, what exactly does UXE stand for? I see it referenced a lot with no explanation. Same with eeprom.

With all of this in mind, what (mostly) free, XBL compatible soft mod tutorial do you all think would be most appropriate for me? This seems like it would be doable with a modified USB cable, but it doesn't have a complete tutorial, so unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm going to just do a normal save game exploit and then make the changes specified in that post.

One more thing: I just want to make sure hotswapping, i.e. using the tutorial here, with the Live 2.0 easter egg exploit would work.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by t3h1337n00b, 30 April 2006 - 05:32 PM.

#2 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

Already answered for you <link>

Read the FAQ's

0 user(s) are reading this topic