disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Hi guys. Hopefully some of you will be able to help me out here. Starting to get very frustrating as im sure you will understand.

I little bit of history to make it easier to help:

Well, ive had a softmodded xbox for a couple of years now, and for a while a friends xbox has been here also. In the past ive been able to transfer files between the both of them with relitive ease, using both XBFTP or FXP on the pc. But for some reason it no longer works.

Whats Changed: Well, i upgraded the HDD in my xbox to a 200g unit, and softmodded it using Krayzies installer. (not sure if it was the latest one though, but i havent used the latest latest one before anyway) I then got all the UIX Dash files from my mates xbox and put them in the right location on MY xbox, sweet... dash and everything boots fine. Because they both had the same ip, i changed the IP address on my xbox to a different one to the PC, My Friends Xbox, and the ADSL Modem (all on the one router/switch/hub thing)

This is where the problems start. I can connect to each xbox one by one from the PC using FXP. No problems there...

But, when i try to connect both xboxs together using either FXP on the PC or XBFTP on one of the consoles its doesnt work. When using XBFTP it wont even connect to the other xbox at all... Using FXP on the pc is no better... i can connect to each seperatly, but if i try to connect to both at the same time, it connects to my mates xbox sweet as, but mine takes ages to connect... then if i try to access a folder of anything on mine, it just gets dropped, and i cant reconnect for ages, and sometimes without rebooting the xbox in question.

The result? i cant transfer anything between the two xbox consoles, and i dont have the hdd space on the pc to transfer from xbox 1 --> PC --> xbox 2

NETWORK SETUP INCASE IT HELPS:

Edimax 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch. Connected to the switch is the PC, The ADSL Modem, and the 2 xbox consoles.

All are using Static IP addresses. None are conflicting ips that i can tell. Both xboxs are set up the same, just ones ip addy is different.

Can anyone help me please? If you need anymore information just ask and ill post it up.

-- Sorry about the stupid n00b questions you have probably all heard a million times before sad.gif

Cheers.
Cameron.

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:37 PM

Just install Avalaunch on both boxes and boot Avalaunch and have it running on both. Go into settings on each and there is an option to "xbox to xbox" and it will autoconfigure it for you. You might have to reboot, but it should work.

Also BTW, I hope your not using a regular patch cable if your connecting them directly. You said you have a router, so use the router and patch cables or just use a crossover to connect the 2 box's directly.

My friend and I did this when we first modded our xbox's and we were total noobs then and it took about 2 minutes to get going.

#3 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

I'll try installing avalaunch in a moment.

And i dont think its anything to do with the cables, as this configuration was working fine in the past happy.gif

Also, i dont think ive mentioned that each xbox has UIX (main dash), evoX (2nd Dash), and XBMC installed and working, although it seems to have the same faults for each...

hmmm... perhaps i should by a new crossover just incase?

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:25 PM

We did ours with a crossover, but if you have each one connected to the router and can FTP to each one from the PC then you should be able to make connection with the 2 without using a crossover cable. I would only use the crossover if you don't have a router, but worse case it's one more thing you can try.

#5 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

unfortunatly, even when using Avalaunch im getting the same problems. God knows whats wrong with it... Obviously its not the dash thats the problem, must be one of the consoles, or some sudden error with my network.

Any more suggestions people?

#6 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

EDIT: Ok guys, sorry about that... it seems i had DHCP enabled on one console lol, now its sorted. But still getting the old problems of not being able to connect between the 2 consoles and transfer stuff. When trying to connect xbox # 1 to xbox #2 using the file manage in AVALAUNCH i get a "connection timed out" error... any help appreciated!

ok guys. these are how the two xbox consoles are set up.

XBOX #1: (these settings are the same in UIX dash, EVOX dash, AVALAUNCH dash, M$ dash, XBMC)

Static IP: 10.1.1.8
Gateway: 10.1.1.6
Subnet: 255.0.0.0
DNS1: 0.0.0.0
DNS2: 0.0.0.0

XBOX #2: (there settings are the same in UIX dash, EVOX dash, AVALAUNCH dash, M$ dash, XBMC)

Static IP: 10.1.1.7

now here is the funny thing, although those are the settings in every dash, when i go into AVALAUNCH in the bottom left corner it says the ip: 10.1.1.7 on BOTH consoles.

Now, when on XBOX#1 (10.1.1.8) and go into the file manager part and attempt to log onto 10.1.1.7 it shows the contents of its OWN harddrive? WTF? shouldnt it show the contents of xbox # 2 not itself?

There seems to be something really odd going on here. for some reason, even with ALL the settings correct, its still registering each xbox as the same thing on the network? whats up with this? and how can i fix it?

Im getting so annoyed now, as i want to fix it so i can give my mate his xbox back lol...

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Cameron.

EDIT: Ok guys, sorry about that... it seems i had DHCP enabled on one console lol, now its sorted. But still getting the old problems of not being able to connect between the 2 consoles and transfer stuff. When trying to connect xbox # 1 to xbox #2 using the file manage in AVALAUNCH i get a "connection timed out" error... any help appreciated!

Edited by disruptive_intensions, 02 May 2006 - 04:43 PM.

#7 Shinzetsu

Shinzetsu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

Try to use the Gateway IP for the DNS also

#8 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

for both of them?

Nope. same problem. connection times out again.

Does this mean my actual network has developed a problem? as it used to work fine once upon a time, and i can access each xbox individually from pc... but just cant have both conected to each other.

Anymore help appreciated.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Edited by disruptive_intensions, 02 May 2006 - 05:41 PM.

#9 Shinzetsu

Shinzetsu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

Yup, if they both connected to the same router/adsl modem

#10 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

I'm not a network pro, but I've never seen a subnet of 255.0.0.0. The only subnet I've ever seen is 255.255.255.0, but again I'm not a network pro and seriously doubt that is causing it not to work.

One thing I would try though is to start over from the ground up using static IP's.

XBOX A
Gateway should be your routers IP address (it's 10.1.1.6 as of now, on yours)
DNS I don't think matters, but use the same

XBOX B
same
same

You might want to double check your gateway too. You don't have to use a gateway to FTP from the PC, but for the xbox to go through the router I think they need the gateway. If you are unsure of how to find the gateway I'll fill you in more.

#11 Shinzetsu

Shinzetsu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

DNS is the device that gives names to IP's. which IS (9/10) your router (Gateway)

#12 spongy

spongy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:14 PM

Change the ip address through the MS dash. Works for me every time.

This could also have to do with the virtual eeprom, if set up incorrectly?

#13 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:13 AM

if someone can help with finding out what i should have for the DNS etc that will be great.

The thing that is really confussing me is that it has been set up this way for a long time and has worked fine in the past, hence why i think i have missed something lol.

As for the IP's my network isnt using long ip addresses, just 10.1.1.1 (modem), 10.1.1.6 (PC), i dont know what the ip is for the router/switch itself however... dunno if that makes sence though sad.gif

#14 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:08 AM

XBOX #1: (these settings are the same in UIX dash, EVOX dash, AVALAUNCH dash, M$ dash, XBMC)

Static IP: 10.1.1.8

XBOX #2: (there settings are the same in UIX dash, EVOX dash, AVALAUNCH dash, M$ dash, XBMC)

Static IP: 10.1.1.7

As for the IP's my network isnt using long ip addresses, just 10.1.1.1 (modem), 10.1.1.6 (PC), i dont know what the ip is for the router/switch itself however... dunno if that makes sence though sad.gif

You said in the second part that your PC is 10.1.1.6 and your gateway in the first quote is 10.1.1.6, if that is true then that would be a flaw. Unless you are running a PC with 3 NIC cards I guess, but still dunno if that would work.

Here is how to grab your Gateway:

Start>Run, then type "cmd" and it will open a dos command prompt. Then type "ipconfig" and it will spit out your IP address of your PC, subnet mask, and default gateway. Make sure the IP's of the PC, XBOX-A, and XBOX-B are different (but only the last 3 digits), then make sure the subnet and gateway are exactly the same for both xbox's as what your PC says.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 03 May 2006 - 06:11 AM.

#15 disruptive_intensions

disruptive_intensions

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for that mate! wink.gif

I'll try it as soon as i get home.

Hope it works this time tongue.gif i've been doing this stuff a wee while, but im still slap bang in the middle of the whole learning curve thing, so given time and the patience (which really is appreciated) im sure i'll my head around it all eventually.

Thanks again for you time and patience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users