#1 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

With approximately 30-40 minutes of gameplay comprising each episode, the structure of Alone in the Dark is adapted for an audience familiar with the hard-hitting, bite-size delivery of contemporary TV dramas, offering easy accessibility whether the player has hours to devote or only wants a quick TV-style fix.

Each time the player launches a saved game, the episode will begin with a video summary of the previous episode to quickly re-immerse the player in the story, removing the need to remember where they were or what they were doing. Every episode will close with a nail-biting cliff-hanger ending to rattle players nerves, and if the player is leaving the game, a video teaser of the next episode will play to leave them wanting more.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/796

im not so sure about this. depending on the price i may stay clear of any of these episodic games. a prefered one set price is the reason why i havent played any MMOs so far. oh and the Uwe Bowel comment was just for laughs, so no worries there

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

trailer

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2852_en.html

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:51 PM

If I can't OWN a physical disc for all of this.... I wont buy it

If I can't buy all of the "episodes" at once or at very least pay about the price of a regular game after all episodes have been purchased... I wont buy it

the game looks decent but it would have to be priced with about 12 episodes at $5 a Piece.

Honestly though even with 30-40 minutes per episode that only works out to about 7 hours of game play... which is overall WAY too short to warrant spending $60.

Why can't they come up with new and innovative ways to make games as opposed to new and innovative ways to make money? dry.gif

#4 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 2 2006, 08:58 PM) View Post

Why can't they come up with new and innovative ways to make games as opposed to new and innovative ways to make money? dry.gif

maybe they're trying to promote downloadable games. at this stage it's impossible for someone to download a "full" reatil games. though this type of methods should be cheaper dry.gif

#5 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:17 PM

Any word on whether or not Uwe Boll is writing the scripts? ohmy.gif

laugh.gif ph34r.gif

I think it would be cool to have episodic contect with cliffhangers a la "24", but I agree that if these "episodes" are only 30-40 minutes, they can keep it. Now if it was say... 2 hours per level with a good amount of exploring/puzzle solving in the same vein as Tomb Raider, then I'd bite. But that doesn't sound like what we'd be getting. I have better things to spend $60 on...

#6 rzanwu36

rzanwu36

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

i find it hard to get immersed in stories of games anyway... wont be checking this one out most likely

#7 dabigdilla

dabigdilla

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 2 2006, 12:58 PM) View Post

lol, there's my next quote!

#8 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

i hope there is some way to buy the game in full because after watching the trailer i am very impressed. the graphics look so good in most parts that you have to double check to make sure its real time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users