• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

From IGN - By Douglas Perry:

CODE
Pre-E3 2006: Activision Dutifully Delivers New Maps
Nine new multiplayer maps are prepped: four for May, five for July.
by Douglass C. Perry

May 2, 2006 - As part of MS's "E3 Bringing It Home" campaign and to extend the life of its already number one selling first-person shooter on Xbox 360, Activision today announced plans to offer nine new multiplayer maps on Xbox Live.

Four maps will be ready on May 10, the first day of the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Exposition (E3 runs from May 10 - May 12), and five more are prepped for July 2006. Two of the first four maps are free: The Bonus Map Pack features Vossenack and Wallendar, Germany. The Skirmish Map Pack in-cludes a Kalach, Russia map and a Beaumont-Hague, France map and costs 400 MS points.

The five maps slated for July are part of Activision's Invasion Pack, worth 900 MS points. This pack features:

* Antoville, France (Crossroads)
    * St. Louet, France (Newvillers)
    * Amaye sur Seulles, France (Normandy)
    * Alam Halfa, Egypt (Decoytown)
    * Rostov, Russia (Harbor)

MS's "E3 Bringing It Home" campaign offers Xbox 360 owners free Xbox Live Gold memberships for the week of E3. During the annual convention, participating gamers will be given a "virtual ticket" to the E3 show floor, given access to exclusive MS news, video, and downloadable content.

"Fans have made Call of Duty 2 the best-selling next-gen title and these maps are a great way to expand upon the hallmark epic scope and cinematic intensity that they've come to expect from the franchise," said Grant Collier, president of Infinity Ward. "What better way to get the action to gamers than to release the first of the maps directly to them at E3!"

Due to popular demand... It's my opinion. I'm in a clan for this game. Sometimes you just get tired of playing the same maps with the same guns and doing the same routes for victory. Finally some new maps in which we'll be able to play for a while until it is memorized and the best spots are found. Too bad that you have to spend MP to get the map pack. I see the have learned from the mistake of having people pass around their Halo 2 maps disk. The prices is manageable though. I'd really like to see what the maps looks like and their sizes. Especially the Russian map.

Edited by n00bFRAGGER, 02 May 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#2 jungec

jungec

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:53 PM

so much for not cutting and pasting gaming articles.

#3 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Building Computers<br />Playing Xbox<br />Moddifying my Xbox<br />Cars<br />Rock Music<br />PhotoShop

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

So you want me to type something similar to what he wrote, highlighting the same points, the same names, and the same dates?

#4 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

sweet! i hope hosts pick these instead of burgundy and tunisia...it seems thats all everyone eva plays lol mad.gif

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(jungec @ May 2 2006, 04:00 PM) View Post

so much for not cutting and pasting gaming articles.

from sticky:

Citing small bits of an article to support a point or otherwise provide an anchor for a rant is fine.. but don't over-do it.

i hardly think 3 or 4 small paragraphs is "over doing it"

cant wait to see the new maps.

edit; you should post a link to the article though, so the originator gets some credit

Edited by ILLusions0fGrander, 06 May 2006 - 08:43 AM.

#6 n00bFRAGGER

n00bFRAGGER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

Well, the new maps were released today at 4:00EST after the update. They were posted in the XBL marketplace, two maps in the "Bonus" map pack and two maps in the "Skirmish" map pack. The bonus map pack was free to all CoD players, and the Skirmish pack ran at 400MP. Good maps.

#7 lilbplaya3406

lilbplaya3406

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:48 PM

WTF 900 POINTS...BULLSHIT

FUCK MS AND THERE FUCKING BULLSHIT HOLY SHIT IM SO FUCKING PISSED NOW IM GOING TO BE CHARGED FUCKING 12 FUCKING DOLLARS JUST FOR FUCKING 5 NEW MAPS Y THE FUCK CANT THEY GIVE IT FOR FREE INSTEAD OF ROBBING US
HOLY FUCK MOTHA FUCKER FUCK MS AND ACTIVISON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users