ephesith

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:02 PM

Okay I have my "old faithful" xbox. This is the first xbox I ever got and it's modded with an x3 and pin headder install. I have had it for about 3 years and it has worked fine. Now I get a "delay" power off that I dont like. It runs, boots fine but when I his the power button to turn it off it takes an extra three or so seconds for the xbox to turn off.

The hard drive also seems to stop. I thought it was the hard drives fault so I took it out, reformatted it and plugged in another xbox and it runs fine. So the problem doesnt lie with the hard drive timing out. Any thoughts? I check the obvious, cable connection etc..... cant see anything visibly obvious.

EDIT: and sometimes when I am playing (well actually pretty often) it just freezes mid game. I have to turn it off and back on.

just a point I'd like to throw in. It now has a 1.1 eeprom on a 1.4 xbox, would that make it freeze?

Edited by ephesith, 02 May 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#2 G0t M4xx 21

G0t M4xx 21

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:05 AM

somehting's wrong with the dvd drive, that's the most common cause of the delayed power down (caused because the xbox doesn't see the tray status signals, so it thinks the tray is somewhere between open and closed, and tries to close it, but it gets no response so it keeps trying to close the tray until it finally gives up).

Check the connection on the yellow power cable, and, at worst, you may need a new dvd drive.

If you power it down with the cd tray open, will it close it?

Edited by G0t M4xx 21, 03 May 2006 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users