95 replies to this topic

#91 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Yeah it was depressed because it was empty. I ended up making a case to hold my controller S with the DB15 and DB25 female ends sticking out. Here is a picture of it.

IPB Image

I don't know if I want to paint the case yet or not. I plan to add buttons to either the case or my retro controller so I don't have to keep unplugging this and my real controller S to run through the menus. Buttons like R3 to stop emulation and R2 and L1 to scroll through the roms list. Sorry about the pictures pimpmaul69 not trying to thread hack or anything.

Edited by Garrett.19, 15 March 2012 - 05:20 AM.

#92 bigdog6262

bigdog6262

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

nice mod to the classic controllers

#93 cyhill99

cyhill99

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

great idea with the db15 and db25 combo output.

i was thinking about goin along your lines, but make the box bigger.
so i can fit the db15 port inside and mount it to the side of the box.

possible hole in the top for the thumbstick/s

my job has an SLA printer and some engineers, i am going to see if they can help me out.

yea sorry if we are jacking the post.

#94 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(cyhill99 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:15 PM) View Post

great idea with the db15 and db25 combo output.
i was thinking about goin along your lines, but make the box bigger.
so i can fit the db15 port inside and mount it to the side of the box.

possible hole in the top for the thumbstick/s
my job has an SLA printer and some engineers, i am going to see if they can help me out.
yea sorry if we are jacking the post.

Yeah that is exactly what Im in the current process of doing. Making the ports flush with the outside of the case. I have the cases made I just haven't had the time to mount everything in the case and cut out the holes for the db ports. The case is the same exact dimensions length and width wise but just a little taller in height. I also want to get an old Xpod case from back in the day or make my own and mount the whole controller in the xbox case and just have the db ports on the xbox case instead of having the box and controller external. Im going to college for mechanical engineering and we have a rapid prototype machine but idk if the material would be strong as plexiglass.

#95 cyhill99

cyhill99

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

the xpod case looks sick.
do they still make them?

let me know if you find any valid sites to purchase from.

I was thinking of removing the dvd tray and adding the ports there some how. since that frees up a ton of space.

#96 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(cyhill99 @ Mar 19 2012, 10:18 AM) View Post

the xpod case looks sick.
do they still make them?

let me know if you find any valid sites to purchase from.
I was thinking of removing the dvd tray and adding the ports there some how. since that frees up a ton of space.

I have had no luck for awhile now in trying to find one. I had one back in the day like 2006 but for some reason sold it when I got a 360 and have regretted it ever since. I emailed hotmodz from his website which is now totally different and he said he is trying to get a different manufacture but it didn't sound promising. So back to the drawing board. The only reason I don't want to remove the dvd tray is because I sometimes play xbox games from disc but I guess I could load the ones I have onto the harddrive.

Edited by Garrett.19, 24 March 2012 - 06:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users