• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 themutt

themutt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

Before I site down and start writing something that is entirely impossible I wanted to gett he opions of peopel in here as to weither or not a walkaround like the one I am about to p4ropose is plasable. I uderstand that the 360 supports streaming only from WMC however it also supports streaming from camcorders ect vai usb. I was planning on writing an emulated cam stream using some streaming code form virtualdub and stream then to the 360 vai usb. In theory it should work untill M$ decideds to block the emulated drive but is this project actually worth undertaking? I am not perfectly formilair witht he 360 yet and am curious as tot he possibiblites soemthing like this could give to poeple not running WMC. if this has been covered or i posted int he wrong section I applogise.

#2 Wolves

Wolves

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:24 AM

I'm assuming (hoping) your keyboard is broken.

#3 themutt

themutt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Correctly edited vertion:

Before I sit down and start writing something that is entirely impossible I wanted to get the opinions of people in here as to if I should or should not use a walk around like the one I am about to propose is plausible.

I understand that the 360 supports streaming only from WMC2005 however it also supports streaming from camcorders ect vai a usb hookup. I was planning on writing an emulated cam driver which would stream video files to the xbox threw a direct pc usb to 360 connection. In theory it should work until M$ decides to block the emulated driver but is this project actually worth undertaking?

This, in effect, would be similar to Transcode 360 by using PC power to convert videos into a format using by the 360 however it would enable users that do not have WMC2005 installed to stream video content to their 360.

I am not perfectly familiar with the 360 yet and am curious as to the possibilities something like this could give to people not running WMC. If this has been covered or I posted in the wrong section I apologize.

EDIT: In reference to my last post I apologies for the excessive grammatical errors as it was posted late at night from my friendí pc which does in fact have a slightly sticky keyboard. I was also using a French keyboard, but enough of that.

#4 stowelly

stowelly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:15 PM

all it does is stream the output to the 360, it does not execute anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users