.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:09 AM

Hi, i have a 1.4 xbox tsop flashed with x2 4983. The tsop bank on a 1.4 is 256kb so im using 256kb bios'. Im making the xbox a slim however when i boot without the dvd drive the flubber is jerky and unstable, it works however not very well. So i think i need to disable the dvd check, so i grab x2 4981 as its editable with xbtool, but when opened with xbtool the dvd disable box is greyed out.

How can i disable the dvd drive, or allow the xbox to boot without being jerky from the missing dvd drive. I have tried reversing the ide cable and connecting the dvd drives ide to the hdd, but the same thing still happens. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by .:Dino:., 03 May 2006 - 11:10 AM.

#2 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:12 PM

evox m8plus.bin has a no dvd-rom. It can be 256k. Use EVTOOL not xbtool

Don't know if you want to flash that to your TSOP though... Isn't there a list of bios' that can be used for TSOP? I'm not sure. I think i read somewhere that m7 can be used for a TSOP. The m7 has a no DVD-ROM check. Use XBTOOL.

Hope this helps

BTW - i tried the DVD-ROM check with x2 4981 and i couldn't get it either. I also tried 4980. No go.

Edited by _iffy, 03 May 2006 - 11:12 PM.

#3 torne

torne

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:Reverse engineering, Linux, crazy operating systems voodoo, embedded development
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

ind-bios will fit in your TSOP and supports running with no DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users