MaximusZTS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

Okay I read the Marriage 101 thread and I was wondering how it pertains to me. I have a new box with a HDD upgrade to 200GB. The box has never been on live before. I have been on live on a different xbox. I have on my new box "locked" the HDD. So if I disable the chip and load my account on the box with a memcard and go to play on Live will I be banned? Will I be able to play on my other box anymore if I do get banned?

#2 defx6669

defx6669

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

From what i understand since your xbox has never been online before you shouldnt have a problem. I would recommend you wait for someone else to post and confirm since i may not be right.

#3 MaximusZTS

MaximusZTS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

That was my feeling as well. But if I did get banned would I still be able to use my other xbox to go Live?

Edited by MaximusZTS, 03 May 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#4 4everlearning

4everlearning

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

I am pretty sure everything would be fine and you should be able to use either box to go on live.

#5 _iffy

_iffy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Not sure if this is what you had in mind but, as far as i know it's one XBL account per eeprom.

so two xbox's with two eeprom's can't share the same XBL account.

For the question can my xbox go online...
everyone's telling you correct info but don't forget, it has to apprear stock and can't have been banned before.
(stock: HDD locked, all c:\ files, stock msdash, xbox DVD-ROM, modchip turned off, etc)

#6 MaximusZTS

MaximusZTS

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:42 PM

So if I have a dashboard on there (even though I am not using it) I will get banned?

Now I have 3 xboxes total and two of them I have played online before at different times. I am too scared to try and play with both at the same time.

#7 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

I know your good on the xbox as far as the HD and the eeprom. You said neither have signed into live, so you can use both of them. Even the upgraded HD becuase it has not been online.

The dashboard will not get you banned. I can tell you that the only files I know that they check for are Halo 2 mod files (and hacked bios's, but those aren't stored on the HD), which I will not list, but you should know not have those anyway.

The only thing I'm not 100% positive on is the fact that the GT has been used before. I know that you can't in anyway shape or form FTP the gamertag and it can only be copied to a mem card. I seem to remember reading on an official M$ xbox site that you could only use the GT on another box once. It said that you could save it to a mem card, use it on a friends box, but once you use it on your box after that it won't work on another box. Also there is something about the GT being flagged after being banned, so that if you got another eeprom and HD, maybe they could see the serial of the xbox and figure that out.

I'm 99% sure that you won't get banned, so I would just try it, just make sure you don't sign in with the chip and you should be OK.

Edited by cerealkillajme, 03 May 2006 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users