sokignano

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

ok, its two in the morning. and i have my n64 controller in pieces and i'm trying to pinout where to put all the wires for the mod. so hopefully soon i'll have something probably tomorrow after work or sleep.

PS.

as for the extra 4 buttons, wire a usb cable along with it and just tape it in a couple of spots along the vga cable and have it connect on the duke memory card housing.

diagrams and more ideas later.

Edited by sokignano, 13 November 2006 - 08:05 AM.

#62 sokignano

sokignano

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:57 AM

well 2hrs and 50 mins later heres what i've come up with.

UP............................PIN 3
DOWN.......................PIN 5
LEFT.........................PIN 4
RIGHT......................PIN 2
A.............................PIN 12
B.............................PIN 15
Z.............................PIN 20
START......................PIN 11
CUP.........................PIN 18
CDOWN....................PIN 13
CLEFT.......................PIN 17
CRIGHT....................PIN 14
RTRIGGER................PIN 21
LTRIGGER.................PIN 58
AUP..........................???
ADOWN.....................???
ALEFT........................???
ARIGHT.....................???

STICK PINS ON CONTROLLER PCB CHIP UP, FROM LEFT TO RIGHT

SPOT 1.........................PIN 6
SPOT 2.........................GROUND
SPOT 3.........................GROUND
SPOT 4.........................PIN 7
SPOT 5.........................PIN 9
SPOT 6.........................PIN 8

If someone could double check my findings, to make sure I traced them correctly. I'll try again tomorrow to check. And also if anyone knows where to find the info on the Stick PCB would be extremely helpful.

#63 1236542

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:13 AM

Has anyone done a N64 controller or a PS1 controller?

#64 whoamonga

whoamonga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:19 PM

i purchased an svga cable, ready to tackle the duke and snes controllers, but the cable only had 12 wires in it! there were the normal colors, and then 3 fat wires colored blue, red, and green...there werent any with stripes... is this cause it's an svga cable? anyone know where to get one that'll have enough wires?

#65 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:25 AM

So you sayin' that will enable all the old systems to be played on PC monitors?

#66 whoamonga

whoamonga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

no, this old thread was a discussion on adapting retro controllers for use on the xbox....

my question is about the cables used to do it... is there a cable count difference in vga and svga? does anyone have a preference as to their vga cable?

#67 whoamonga

whoamonga

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

okay, this is an update for anybody who's out there trying to convert these controllers still...

The HD15 vga cables (at least the ones i've found) aren't going to work anymore. There are actually only 12 wires running through them now because the shielding and insultion (or something like that) are used for the 13th and 14th wires, so it's really not practical to use them anymore.

However, i did find that the DB15 cables actually use 15 individual wires running through them. They have a different shape and it might be more difficult to mount it into the memory card slot of your duke controller, but it should still work non-the-same!

the cheapest place i found the db15's was at http://www.cablewholesale.com/ . So if anyone's still trying to mod these controllers this late in the game, heres an update.

#68 AciDBoy

AciDBoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:56 AM

Hi I had a few questions.

1. I have a female 15 pin vga port and a male vga 15 pin port also. I bought them from radioshack. Anyway I had a question they don't have wires so I really can't understand your schematic. I was wondering what pins would do what. I've seen a lot of pictures of the pins usually right to left 1-15 but I can't find one with the pins laid out with wires attached.

2. Also if I install a vga port into my duke can I still use it for games such as halo and stuff then could switch it with a different controller via vga if possible for my homebrewed games?

3. Is there a tutorial on how to install a vga port and a headphone jack inside the xbox? Or just a headphone jack? I would really like pictures if possible I've always seen schematics but they really don't give me the best understanding.

4. If I installed a vga port inside the xbox could I use it on normal xbox games and movies? Or do I need special bios. Would I need a modchip? Or could I be able to tsop flash the xbox with it? If a modchip is needed would a duox2 lite work or a duox 2?

5. If I just install a headphone jack could I be able to choose between tv or headphone?

thanks in advanced.

#69 Mr Wiggl3s

Mr Wiggl3s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

hey man can you post the specific cord you used? some of the ones i get have 7 wires..

i'd really like to know if anyone has done it

#70 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:24 AM

I may be mistaken but it appears that your diagram for the 7800 controller is incorrect. From the picture, it looks like you have the to action buttons wired in parallel using one pair of wires (one function regardless of button pressed) when in fact, the 2 action buttons on the 7800 controller, when playing 7800 games, served 2 functions on some games (I.E. Cracked where one button caught falling eggs and the other button fired).

To me, this method is not truly authentic.... If I am correct on your diagram.

If I am mistaken, Please disregard.

#71 Mr Wiggl3s

Mr Wiggl3s

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

I'm going to get a ps2 to xbox adapter...but still, i'd like to make a genesis, snes, and nes controllers. But nobody will tell me what VGA to get sad.gif the ones i get have 7 wires...

#72 flxfxp

flxfxp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(pimpmaul69 @ May 4 2006, 01:33 AM) View Post

a genesis 3 button controller
IPB Image
IPB Image

What does the fuzzed wire on the image mean? I fault on your behalf or a specific wire?

#73 flxfxp

flxfxp

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:43 PM

I'm losing my fucking head and patience here! grr.gif
The fucking solder pins on the xbox are so tiny! Anyway, I got them all done except one, which is the hardest: all the solder from the pcb is gone and it wont attach. What can I use to get solder on the tiny pad again? Flux?

Is there anyone who can offer doing the job or selling premodded controller? Name your price by PM.

Dennis

Edited by flxfxp, 15 March 2009 - 11:56 PM.

#74 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

To resolder bare pads, I grab my cutting pliers (or scissors in a pinch) and cut the smallest sliver of solder off my reel as possible. I put this thing on the pad, then apply the soldering iron.

Hold a needle or pin in your other hand to poke it around with. Makes it very easy to unbridge accidentally joined points and so forth.

#75 event horizon

event horizon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

Won't the wires break off from the solder when you press buttons and move the gamepad around? There aren't really any wires soldered to the pads originally since they all use clips, anyone had to resolder the wires or are they safe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users