jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:06 PM

I purchased this game from the marketplace and found the aiming very hard in the top-view. Then I realized that you can press the directional pad down to get the first-person view to the game and after that beating the CPU became much, much easier (I'm a keen pool shark myself).

Anyway, after learning the basics I went to the Live to have some matches with real people, only to find out there are some extremely annoying aiming aids used in all of the matches (ranked ones as well), which not only show the direction of your shot, but also to which direction the ball will go to. So, basically all you have to do there is to take an aim to a ball, make sure the arrow coming out if it points straight to a hole and make a shot. How very demanding sleeping.gif.

So, my question is; is there any way to have real ranked matches with decent players without the aiming aid? I arranged a few matches myself, and all the opponents dropped out the game after a few shots once they noticed that the aiming aid was turned off and that they couldn't sink in a single shot without it. dry.gif

Edited by jizmo, 05 May 2006 - 01:10 PM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

whoa... I've 100%ed that game and never realized you could do a 1st person view ph34r.gif

maybe if I used 1st person I wouldn't have to use the guides laugh.gif

#3 LowProfileWurm

LowProfileWurm

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

I'd play you without aiming guides on. If I ever do use them, it's for the trickshots... but most of the time I'm a geek and figure out the angles of incidence and so forth. Fun stuff when I'm not trying to kill Tomb Raider and Burnout. happy.gif

#4 jizmo

jizmo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 5 2006, 04:43 PM) View Post

whoa... I've 100%ed that game and never realized you could do a 1st person view ph34r.gif

maybe if I used 1st person I wouldn't have to use the guides laugh.gif

Lol.. I really hated the game before discovering the third person view. After that, it's like any Virtual Pool copy, and as such a surprisingly good one too. Well worth the $15.

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ May 5 2006, 04:58 PM) View Post

I'd play you without aiming guides on. If I ever do use them, it's for the trickshots... but most of the time I'm a geek and figure out the angles of incidence and so forth. Fun stuff when I'm not trying to kill Tomb Raider and Burnout. happy.gif

Look me up, the live name is ibuksal .. I had two lousy games already this evening and I sure could have a go with a more mature player.

#5 deacon187

deacon187

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:16 AM

ill give a few rounds go at it, im an avid shooter in the bars, but cant seem to play without the assistance in the game, maybe the 3D view will help who knows, but i wont quit on you if i find i cant shoot to well without the assistance on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users