#1 saadu

saadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

Hello
Im using the following site (actually the firefox extention) to download google videos in .FLV format
http://javimoya.com/.../youtube_en.php
I tried downloading FLV format and also where applicable AVI formats. AVIs are actually DIVX but they dont play in WMA so i only keep FLV and play them in FLVPlayer on PC
Problem is, under XBMC none of them have worked. They either dont work or freeze the xbox. I dont know how to submit a bug report but here it is, a problem, unable to play FLV. Could someone give me a link to a FLV file which works on their system? I could try it out and see if it plays and use it as a test file. Could be that the FLVs i downloaded are differnet. However all the FLVs play on the PC.
Help.

#2 elupus

elupus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:49 AM

play using dvdplayer on files downloaded..

files streamed do this by default.. (sadly they are completly downloaded before they are started, wich i aim to fix as soon as i have an xbox again)

#3 saadu

saadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hi,
Firstly i havnet been able to launch dvdplayer for other programs. When i browse the system folder under xbmc, they are all dlls no xbe so how can i run the dvdplayer standalone?

Secondly, could plz provide some insight into how i can set FLV files to always play with dvdplayer?

Thanks

#4 slumberpod77

slumberpod77

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Interests:music, music, music, computers, audio engineering, gaming, code monkeying, music again
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

you cannot run the DVD player "standalone", and i can't imagine why you would want to, TBH smile.gif
on any file within My Videos, i believe all you have to do is highlight the file and then press the White button to get the context menu, then select the Play With... option.

#5 saadu

saadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

^^ Thanks a lot for the info. Yes it worked. But here is the catch and ive read it somewhere else.
It will play it once, but the other flv files only load audio, but not the video. Any solution for that?

#6 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:16 AM

The DVDPlayer still has issues with FLV, and in the worst cases it'll crash XBMC. The latest (in testing) MPlayer build seems to work perfectly.

Catch is XBMC now plays FLV with DVDPlayer, and using "Play With..." to use MPlayer is aggravating to say the least. How do you change the default setting?

#7 brickman

brickman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(Bomb Bloke @ Feb 4 2007, 09:52 PM) View Post

The DVDPlayer still has issues with FLV, and in the worst cases it'll crash XBMC. The latest (in testing) MPlayer build seems to work perfectly.

Catch is XBMC now plays FLV with DVDPlayer, and using "Play With..." to use MPlayer is aggravating to say the least. How do you change the default setting?

I'd like to know this also.

#8 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:11 AM

These days the support has changed quite a bit.

The MPlayer module is now used by default (since it allows caching and the DVDPlayer does not). One thing I missed back when I made that last post was that it doesn't allow tracking, however, except with certain older FLV files.

The DVDPlayer now provides near perfect playback, but (last I saw) tends to lock XBMC's controls with certain files (FLV or otherwise). That might've been fixed months ago for all I know.

You can add extension support via AdvancedSettings.xml, but you can't specify the default player for any given file type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users