• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gruvn

gruvn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:34 PM

I'm a noob, I've read a bunch of FAQs, but I must either be missing a critical one or am simply retarded...

I'm having trouble hex editing the morrowind.xbe (possibly because it's not GOTY edition), so I want to try using the chae method. However, I can't access any of the temporary cache locations that are supposed to be there according to tutorials (eg X:\, Y:\, Z:\...). The only "extra" drives I have are E:\ and F:\.

I understand that the Z:\ drive is temporarily created (correct?). It looks like I'm supposed to load a new game, exit to my dashboard, than modify the files in one of those temporary drives. I must be following the steps wrong because I never see evidence of these additional drives. I'm pretty sure I'm exiting the game wrong - it's on my hard drive so the only way I know to exit the game is to restart the box. If I select exit, it just goes to the main morrowind menu screen. Is there a way to get directly back to your dashboard (mine is XBMC) without restarting the box?

If these are stupid questions, please forgive me and send me to an appropriate faq or tut...

Thanks,
g.

#2 metalmulisha247

metalmulisha247

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:13 PM

once u save after ur playing... go back to ur dash and look in either

X
Z
Y

and there will be a file called data files

#3 gruvn

gruvn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(metalmulisha247 @ May 8 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post

once u save after ur playing... go back to ur dash and look in either

X
Z
Y

and there will be a file called data files

Thanks - that's what I've read. What I'm saying is that I can not see an X Y or Z drive on my harddrive. Can you go back to your dash without rebooting the xbox?

Thanks,
g

#4 neo9

neo9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:35 AM

hey guys i have a question i change my morrowind and default xbe's to a ntsc ones but the thing that hapened is that i cant conect to the net or the computer i reinstal c drive and format e,z,x y and i still can't conect to the net. iwent over the settings fix them but as soon as i change the net settings to automatic dhcp nothing hapened can someone tell me what i did wrong. thanks

#5 gruvn

gruvn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(gruvn @ May 8 2006, 02:30 PM) View Post

Thanks - that's what I've read. What I'm saying is that I can not see an X Y or Z drive on my harddrive. Can you go back to your dash without rebooting the xbox?

Thanks,
g

Answered my own questions. 1) For xbmc, click left trig, right trig, black and back simultaneously for the dash.
2) Couldn't see x, y and z drives cause they were blocked by my xbmc xml. Dumb, but fixed. Thanks for reading.

g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users