yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:55 AM

damn the news is crazy.......read the front page......

okay so ya looks like theres 3 other post's...like i said in the past i wish we could just discuss the news topics in the forums like on x-s's main page......anyway the controller is pretty tight but i say they did bite off nintendo a bit....kaz said "they" got to use it just recently, quick r&d thats for sure.....but still its deff cool, just wish it werent the damn dualshock2

the whole 2 hdd options is kinda ghey.....the hdd is supposed to be removeable now all of a sudden also....maybe sony never said it wasnt and that was just rumor mill trash but i know it was posted on the news recently.....i wonder what ever happened to the whole linux talk they didnt mention it in the conf. also another news post was about the ps3 not being playable on the e3 floor but now there is going to be playable demos.....

the new black case is deff a good move and a must buy instead of the silver forman, hopefully itll be worldwide available in black....theyve deff. got the launch date in their favor, a week before black friday!!

the sony P.R. team deff. deserves a job well done id say

Edited by yourM0M, 09 May 2006 - 02:13 AM.

#2 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:09 AM

and they are hoping there will be 2 million consoles at launch. which actually means only 1 million units and ebay prices are going to be out of this world!! better pre-order tonight kiddies, and from a reputible pre-order reseller too.

#3 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ May 9 2006, 02:16 AM) View Post

and they are hoping there will be 2 million consoles at launch. which actually means only 1 million units and ebay prices are going to be out of this world!! better pre-order tonight kiddies, and from a reputible pre-order reseller too.

ya i was gonna say the ps3's will be $5,000+ easily on ebay for at least a month.....just thanks to the whole week b4 black friday

#4 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

more info

spec sheet

core will not get a hdmi port or memory stick reader

#5 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:30 AM

um what ever happened to the whole "dual" hdmi outputs?? whats going on here

#6 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(whiteblur67 @ May 8 2006, 09:11 PM) View Post

more info

spec sheet

core will not get a hdmi port or memory stick reader

notice theres no wireless connection 802.11b/g for the core either

And will the core system be able to upgrade to a full system later? I doesn't seem that it could to me, theres too much stuff to add on.

#7 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:41 AM

the 4 usb ports are kinda odd with the 360 only having 2.....my guess is they are bundling with a wired controller and the wireless will be $$

#8 a5568

a5568

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:51 AM

Im pretty sure the ps3 core will have a HDMI port but it will not come with the HDMI cable like whats the point of not putting a HDMI port. it will probably be more expensive to make two different types or motherborads than just one.

#9 PhatheadWRX

PhatheadWRX

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(a5568 @ May 8 2006, 10:58 PM) View Post

Im pretty sure the ps3 core will have a HDMI port but it will not come with the HDMI cable like whats the point of not putting a HDMI port. it will probably be more expensive to make two different types or motherborads than just one.

So you are saying the spec sheet say that the $600 version DOES come with Memory cards, compact flash and SD, since there is a little circle there??? Oh why would it say "HDMI out" then? laugh.gif

Edited by PhatheadWRX, 09 May 2006 - 03:55 AM.

#10 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(a5568 @ May 8 2006, 08:58 PM) View Post

The official spec sheet says the one with a 20GB hard drive will not have the MC reader, built-in wireless, or a HDMI port.

Edited by gamerguy999, 09 May 2006 - 04:16 AM.

#11 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:35 AM

the av multi out port will probably have the option/capability of hdmi(since most people expect the same for xbox 360 av port and hd dvd), which would also mean dual hdmi would only be available on the more expensive machine. i assume the other missing capabilities will be optional via usb. this thing is going to be expensive!!

#12 Martinchris23

Martinchris23

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ May 9 2006, 06:42 AM) View Post

the av multi out port will probably have the option/capability of hdmi(since most people expect the same for xbox 360 av port and hd dvd), which would also mean dual hdmi would only be available on the more expensive machine. i assume the other missing capabilities will be optional via usb. this thing is going to be expensive!!

I can't see this happening. For starters it won't have the connections available what with composite, s-video and RGB (plus analogue audio) already being provided. This is of course assuming that Sony don't change their 12-pin multi AV port. They didn't from PS1 to PS2, so I don't see it changing this time either.

Looks as if Sony have sold the flying car to the public once again - too right about it being expensive. The basic PS3 works out at 400 after you've added the VAT, with the 'premium' at 479 after VAT. Far too expensive IMHO.

#13 dcware

dcware

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:27 AM

Plus... It's 5kg! That's a fair bit (my 15" TV weighs 8kg)

#14 sunnyd71

sunnyd71

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(a5568 @ May 9 2006, 03:58 AM) View Post

Well to have an HDMI port that is HDCP compliant (which is the whole point) doesn't every piece of hardware in the machine have to be HDCP compliant? Thats a huge price difference. Look at the current ATI controversy.

#15 yourM0M

yourM0M

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:24 AM

for everyone that keeps saying maybe they just arent sending the cable.......I BET they wont even send an HDMI cable with the $600 package

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users