#1 Erskine

Erskine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

hey ive been lookin around the inter-web lokoin fer a way to convert the default forza replay format (.frp) to a .avi or .wma or jus sumthin readable by computer, sum kind of forza replay converter, i dont know how to do anything like this ie programming, or whether or not it is possible, mabey extracting the replay veiwer from a CAB in game then converting that to an exe I DUNNO, so if sumone could post if this has been done or cant be done or if they are also interested in the subject, it would sure beat recording replay's with a webcam or a vcr then to a card on the computer wen u can jus FTP a replay over convert it then pow instant web replay. hizzah!

#2 Jake242

Jake242

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(Erskine @ May 9 2006, 03:15 AM) View Post

hey ive been lookin around the inter-web lokoin fer a way to convert the default forza replay format (.frp) to a .avi or .wma or jus sumthin readable by computer, sum kind of forza replay converter, i dont know how to do anything like this ie programming, or whether or not it is possible, mabey extracting the replay veiwer from a CAB in game then converting that to an exe I DUNNO, so if sumone could post if this has been done or cant be done or if they are also interested in the subject, it would sure beat recording replay's with a webcam or a vcr then to a card on the computer wen u can jus FTP a replay over convert it then pow instant web replay. hizzah!

I doubt sincerely that its possible.......if you look at the size of it.

I think its basically generated by telling the "replay" how the car drove and how it looked..........more than showing you the actual replay

what I mean is that the replay is generated on all the data collected and redone with the same stats.

therefor it would not be possible to extract as any kind of format

but its just a theory.............only thing I can come up with tho biggrin.gif

Jake~

#3 PedrosPad

PedrosPad

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

Yeah, the replay file contains just telemetry.

While a PC-based interrupter may be possible (even fun smile.gif ), you’ll not see the replay as you do on the console.

Edited by PedrosPad, 09 May 2006 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Erskine

Erskine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

thats wat i figured, that the file was jus a file of code that told the replay wat to do with wat car and track, so i guess if u were to create a program it would be pretty huge to in-clude all the cars and tracks, it would pretty much be recreating the game, so nvm i guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users