yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:42 PM

Ive been waiting a while for a game that takes the semi realistic driving of PGR3, and puts it into a GTA like setting where I can drive around and do what I want, was playing the game and having fun, when I realized I was playing the game with like 10 other people Online!!

Wow TDU took all I wanted out of a driving game and one upped it! def buy for me!

#2 Justaren

Justaren

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

yupp i agree with you there...just imagine car clubs and betting on pink slips or houses....yea instantly i knew there was people online with me.... it was fun but i ran out of time to play...kinda wack... but got back on and won a couple of races....definetly gonna pick it up....controls i need to get a little use to cause im more of a sim racer...forza...pgr3.....all that good stuff but TDU is gonna go on my shelf

#3 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

Well 3 hours at downloading and still haven't got it. Damn the slow connection to live!

#4 tonloc79

tonloc79

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Ozy @ May 9 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post

Well 3 hours at downloading and still haven't got it. Damn the slow connection to live!

Everybody and there mother is downloading so its kinda understandable.

#5 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(tonloc79 @ May 9 2006, 05:58 PM) View Post

Everybody and there mother is downloading so its kinda understandable.

Yeah. They should be able to do something though, at this rate XBL will be down.

#6 steve008

steve008

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

Game is good, its a kind of weird online experience, when your just driving around are the players on their with names like "george" etc other online players. Then when you go to the orange multiplayer icon your racing against people with proper gamertags. Most ive seen is 5 people so far wonder how many their letting the demo support?

#7 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

Now I'm getting pissed off. I know I have slow connection anyway because UK internet is crap anyway but this is ridiculas. It must be 4 hours of downloading this demo now for something that should take 1 hour at most.

By this rate it'll take me all week to catch up to wednesday's demos released tomorrow.

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:27 AM

as much as I like the concept I didn't really care for the game.

The physics are really unrealistic and it's interesting how NPC (non-playable cars) can take damage but you don't.

I will say that the sense of speed is VERY well done. the engine noise and the feeling of going fast is done better on this title then on just about any other racer I've seen.

The graphics were pretty fugly IMO (dare I say worse then NFS) but I'll chalk that up to the game not being finished.. wink.gif

If you like the NFS style street racers this will be an awesome game. Lots of free roaming and the whole MMOR concept is really cool

I'm just not a fan of open track racers. I like a properly defined course where I can win by accurately accelerating, breaking, shifting, and taking proper racing lines as opposed to a game were I find short cuts and push my opponents into NPCs laugh.gif

So I guess overall my impression is: really cool concept, NFS style racing, fugly graphics (so far). Looks like it will turn out to be a great game but it's just not my cup-o-tea

#9 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:26 AM

I think you made your point plenty of times twisted. Is the horse dead yet? I gotta try to get back in. It was good at first, then it kept freezing. Hopefully that's resolved.

#10 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(amb7247 @ May 11 2006, 12:33 AM) View Post

I think you made your point plenty of times twisted. Is the horse dead yet? I gotta try to get back in. It was good at first, then it kept freezing. Hopefully that's resolved.

You do realize that is the first and ONLY post I've made about the TDU demo rolleyes.gif

#11 amb7247

amb7247

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 11 2006, 07:37 AM) View Post

You do realize that is the first and ONLY post I've made about the TDU demo rolleyes.gif

uh-huh. laugh.gif

#12 metaldevil

metaldevil

Webhead

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

I'm wondering if a more complete demo will be made available around its release date. The cars control very badly in this one. The cars seem incapable of handling turns well. They drive like the bricks in NFS: MW.

I like the idea of MMO racing (which is new to me), but I think the developers of the Test Drive series should first figure out how to make a decent racer before taking on such a task. It's a shame because I wanted to like this game.

I understand that the game isn't finished so don't light your torches. wink.gif

#13 TUUK

TUUK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:55 PM

I think if the Devs of Test Drive Unlimited should have worked on anything, it was the online code. So many people are experiencing lock-ups while playing on-line and since the whole 'catch' of this title was the on-line aspect, seems pretty dumb to me.

Also love the whole irony of have a time limited demo of a game with unlimited in the title smile.gif

TUUK

#14 Joergen

Joergen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:59 PM

I think I wrote somewhere almost exactly what twisted said there.

Though last night I tried the demo again and the servers were offline so only bots were present and I had some fun taking my callardo up a 45 degree hillside to the highest point on the island. TDU is best as an offroad hillclimber biggrin.gif

Though I was semi impressed with how those people could throw together a nice vegetation system, almost made me want to get out of the donkey-hopping car and do some FPS adventuring. If you want to see some funny physics park the car on a cliff and watch it float and wobble down the hill.

Edited by Joergen, 11 May 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#15 mike_jacko

mike_jacko

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:06 PM

too arcade...preffer sim style racing biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users