paranoia4422

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

Am i the only one that Noticed everything(while still looks *good*) if very toned down compared to last years trailer? i was expecting to be awed but even those devolpers cannot be trusted until final product is out, whats even more shocking is while looking worse it actually managed to stutter. And honestly Heavenly Sword was the best *playable* game there, while in-game looked pretty standard to me, it seems everything shown for the PS3 is a lie aside from Warhawk(while i fully belive this years MGS4 trailer is likely what we will see still nothing will look good as last years, i guess devs must of really learned the hardware isnt as capable as they thought)

Im just disappointed, and FFXIII? um if it showed ingame combat its hardly rendering anything anyway thats why it looks good(not bashing, just pointing out pre-rendered backgrounds<dunno if they arent still> and a shiney character model isnt hard). Im also dissapointed that nintendos showings took a step backwards in visuals to gc-pre gc eye candy, i wasnt expecting anything amazing but i was hopeing for it to atleast to compare to xbox1 blink.gif

MS is the only company that showed a product ingame thats improved in visuals from last year and thats gears of war from epic, pop.gif to MS and epic alike, while nintendo did not lie i think a console should atleast have minor improvments to be called next gen(and i was hopeing for it to atleast look like GC games but apparently thats to hard sad.gif .)

Edited by paranoia4422, 10 May 2006 - 11:03 AM.

#2 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

ya the graphics looked a little toned down
but there was nothing the show but a orange desert wasteland

the tgs trailer had a intercity look thus more stuff to show

Edited by whiteblur67, 11 May 2006 - 04:44 PM.

#3 krims0n

krims0n

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Poker, DJ'ing, Programmer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

If my understanding is correct, the MGS4 trailer was done from the the actual game engine. I heard mention of it being paused, rotated, zoomed and whatnot to show it was not just a video. Last year would have been just pure CGI.

#4 paranoia4422

paranoia4422

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(krims0n @ May 11 2006, 07:44 PM) View Post

If my understanding is correct, the MGS4 trailer was done from the the actual game engine. I heard mention of it being paused, rotated, zoomed and whatnot to show it was not just a video. Last year would have been just pure CGI.

They did do that last year, and early this year with the same place that was rendered, but i havent seen it for the new video

#5 Ultimatebam

Ultimatebam

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:14 AM

Ya, the truth is the first video wuz just that, a video, but the second trailer or playable game or whatever shows a product that is not yet finished. Much like 360 at the E3 before this one, don't expect to see much of a difference of the MGS4 than what is coming out on the 360. I mean come on now, we are talkin' Nvidea and ATI, they both claim the graphic capabilities will be the same, or very similar. I know this about MGS4 and not 360 vs. Ps3 graphics, just making a comparison. wink.gif

#6 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:02 PM

that mgs trailer at tgs was using the game engine

the cinematic cut scenes always look like that for a mgs game
the cut scenes for mgs 3 for ps2 looked amazing on that aging system

if you guys are talking about the e3 2005 trailer
that was just the mgs3 engine

the reason the graphics looked toned down was because its was in a desert wasteland rather than a city like setting

there were less charactors on screen
thus less to look at

#7 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:49 AM

graphics on MGS4 dont look the same as they did a year ago?

HMM, it seems i was trying to tell you people that a couple of weeks ago; but some punks swore that it was the real deal and that it was the real graphics.

Every single game for the PS3 has been toned down considerably. i knew it would happen, but yet people still argue with me.

#8 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:08 AM

I was going to DL the video but I hear that it shows no actual gameplay and its nothing but another movie like the last MGS vid.

why am I not surprised rolleyes.gif

If there is a gameplay vid out there, please point me in the right direction, but from what Im hearing, its a long drawn out movie.

#9 paranoia4422

paranoia4422

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Deftech @ May 13 2006, 04:15 AM) View Post

I was going to DL the video but I hear that it shows no actual gameplay and its nothing but another movie like the last MGS vid.

If there is a gameplay vid out there, please point me in the right direction, but from what Im hearing, its a long drawn out movie.

no, just a video of them showing off engine effects like field of depth and such for last years e3 vvideo.

And no this years is less detailed, you can tell be looking at the old man himself that the detail has completely left compared to last year(whats his name, snake right? never been a fan of the series)

#10 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 13 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

no, just a video of them showing off engine effects like field of depth and such for last years e3 vvideo.

And no this years is less detailed, you can tell be looking at the old man himself that the detail has completely left compared to last year(whats his name, snake right? never been a fan of the series)

last years e3 video was using the mgs3 engine which was on ps2

you must be thinking about the tgs trailer

QUOTE(Deftech @ May 12 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

na there is no "gameplay" trailer out yet

but it should look like mgs3 subsistence with its free moving camera
take snake and put him in sam fishers place

i dont care for visuals
i remember when i played mgs3 and saying to myself that this graphics are good were they stand

the crazy ass story is what i hope for

just imagine the blow it could cause sony if it was released on 360
even 2 years after its release on ps3 is still a blow

#11 paranoia4422

paranoia4422

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(whiteblur67 @ May 14 2006, 03:04 AM) View Post

last years e3 video was using the mgs3 engine which was on ps2

you must be thinking about the tgs trailer
na there is no "gameplay" trailer out yet

but it should look like mgs3 subsistence with its free moving camera
take snake and put him in sam fishers place

i dont care for visuals
i remember when i played mgs3 and saying to myself that this graphics are good were they stand

the crazy ass story is what i hope for

just imagine the blow it could cause sony if it was released on 360
even 2 years after its release on ps3 is still a blow

if last years E3 video used old engine and looked better whyd they change it? face it you pulled that out of your ass rolleyes.gif

#12 whiteblur67

whiteblur67

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(paranoia4422 @ May 15 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

if last years E3 video used old engine and looked better whyd they change it? face it you pulled that out of your ass rolleyes.gif

all that was shown in that vid was charactors sitting in chairs(it was a funny spoof with raiden)
the background was white

watch it again and compare the charactors to the two recent mgs 4 trailers

they had to change it becuase it is NEXTGEN
people would not care if for it if there was no upgrade at all

im not a graphic whore
that was my opinion
if mgs 4 had the same graphics i would still play it because i love the story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users