• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

My first try at this and it didn't go well. Anyway it just powers on like I have know chip in. When I plug it in and turn the power on with the dvd drive out, the chip just has one light glowing. I think there is suposed to be three. So I asume I have something done wrong. I was hoping someone could narrow it down for me. My xbox is a 1.6

#2 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Nascar Nut @ May 10 2006, 06:08 PM) View Post

My first try at this and it didn't go well. Anyway it just powers on like I have know chip in. When I plug it in and turn the power on with the dvd drive out, the chip just has one light glowing. I think there is suposed to be three. So I asume I have something done wrong. I was hoping someone could narrow it down for me. My xbox is a 1.6

Also I forgot to mention there is no light at all on the front switch telling me if the chip is on or off

#3 abrocky

abrocky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:12 PM

how are you connecting the chip, a solderless adapter? soldered pinheader? more info needed.

#4 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:57 PM

If you used the pin header install dont push you chip all the way down onto the pins, also check all your solder points. make sure you didnt put a screw through the wires on the underside of the mother board.

#5 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(abrocky @ May 11 2006, 06:19 AM) View Post

how are you connecting the chip, a solderless adapter? soldered pinheader? more info needed.

soldered pinheader

#6 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

I decided to take the lpc rebuild board off and just use wires instead. Well in removing that I have broken a track on the mother board. I went ahead and soldered the wires on and I thought I had the track fixed by soldering the wire where the break is. Now when I turn it on It powers on and off a couple of times and then comes on with the flashes around the power switch. Acording to the led trouble shooter I found, it is telling me about the broken track. Is there anyway to fix the track? That is what I get for loosing my patience.

#7 TonyF11

TonyF11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

You could try HERE and click opn the Repair Trace link. HTH TonyF11 smile.gif

#8 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

By some miracle I have my xbox working now. Still don't have the mod chip working but I bought me some of those reading glasses from walgreens so I could see the damn thing. lol! Took a small strand of wire and soldered it back on to each end of the trace I burnt up. Plugged it in and it fired back up. Now to figure out why I can't get this damn chip to work. Still don't have any light on the external switch and only one side of the mod chip is lit up.

#9 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:20 PM

I think my problem is with the LPC Rebuild. I have attached a photo of the problem area. Where it is circled is where I messed up the mother board at. There is suposed to be a contact point there to solder to. I don't know if I burnt it off of there or what but I can not get my wired soldered there. I made my little jumper and soldered it to the traces on each side of where I am suposed to hook up the wire for the LPC. I put two lines on the pic to show where I spliced the traces. I just soldered the LPC wire to my splice since it wouldn't make contact with the solder point. Not sure if this makes any sence or not. Does that wire need to be connected to the solder point or just connecting it to my splice good enough?

IPB Image

#10 XmodsUK

XmodsUK

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:53 PM

Not sure about you broken trace, but if you only have one blue LED on your chip then you have a power issue. Pins 9 + 15 carry 3.3v to your chip so check these. Your 5v comes in on your alt 5v wire, so check this too.

#11 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

Well I have checked all the solder joints and it still doesn't run. Here are some pics of what I have done. Maybe someone could see what I have done wrong and I am just missing it.
it.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Here is a close up of the trace I fixed. Sorry there is a dog hair laying across there to.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#12 _GhOsT_

_GhOsT_

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:52 PM

your soldering on the pinheader needs some help

there are a few points that arent making a solid connection

#13 Nascar Nut

Nascar Nut

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:26 AM

Well after posting this I was looking at my pics and noticed the top left pin didn't look soldered to well. Took it a part and resoldered it and put it back together and low and behold it worked. lol! Could someone point me to a good tut on flashing this chip. I made a cd and flash it that way and it loaded and then shut down. When I retstarted it, it just goes back to the flashing the bios screen again.

#14 kero

kero

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:22 AM

There is only one LED on on the modchip..... There should be one on when you have the cable plugged in and two LED's on when you turn your xbox on.

There is only one LED on on the modchip..... There should be one on when you have the cable plugged in and two LED's on when you turn your xbox on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users