Games/apps Not Showing Up In "myprograms"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Mt Biking during Mt Bike season and Video Games during Video Game season
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:36 AM

Please bear with me, I've been using UnleashX as a dash for quite sometime but I've recently been unearthing the real potential of XBMC, thus I'm in the process of making it my default dash.

Currently I'm still launching the XBMC as an app while I get the xml file dialed. Here's the deal, I'm editing my "MyPrograms" entry to show: Games, Apps, Dashes, Emulators. So far that part of my xml file looks like this:
<myprograms>
<default>Games</default>
<bookmark>
<name>Games</name>
<path>F:\HDDLoader\,F:\Games\</path>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>Alternate Dash</name>
<path>E:\Apps\,F:\Apps\,G:\Apps\,C:\xboxdash.xbe</path>
<depth>2</depth>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>Emulators</name>
<path>F:\Apps\Emulators\</path>
<depth>2</depth>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>Apps</name>
<path>E:\Apps\,F:\Apps\,</path>
<depth>2</depth>
</bookmark>
<bookmark>
<name>DVD-Game</name>
<path>D:\default.xbe</path>
<depth>1</depth>
</bookmark>
</myprograms>

The bookmarks show up on the side of the screen but nothing is displayed when I scroll up and down the list.

I've followed the OnlineManual from the XBMC site and I deleted the "MyPrograms4.db" file; rebooted and no change.

I'm kinda stuck and starting to get frustrated.

BTW I'm using version 1.1.0

Edited by 211, 11 May 2006 - 04:51 AM.

#2 mrogers

mrogers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computers, web design. Linux. Piano. Projects, projects, projects...like modding my Xbox!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

First off, I highly recommend using one of the recent builds (from this month or last month). The one you're using is so hideously old. The recent builds, even though it's a ongoing project, are exceptionally stable and full-featured.

Also, maybe you can do it that way, but I've never seen paths listed with commas. Normally, it's

CODE

<path>F:\Games</path>
<path>F:\HDDLoader</path>

etc. Also, why are you using depth 2? For most people's folder organization, which is like

F:\Apps\DVD2Xbox\
F:\Apps\Someotherapp\

the depth should be 1. That means it will go one folder lower than Apps to look for executables. Same for your Emulators; if you keep those in F:\Apps\Emulators, then you also want to give that a depth of 1 (assuming you have an executable in F:\Apps\Emulators\N64\default.xbe, for example).

I'm making a lot of assumptions here, you might already know all this, but you didn't exactly explain how you organize your directories. I hope this helps.

#3 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Mt Biking during Mt Bike season and Video Games during Video Game season
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(mrogers @ May 11 2006, 05:17 AM) View Post

First off, I highly recommend using one of the recent builds (from this month or last month). The one you're using is so hideously old. The recent builds, even though it's a ongoing project, are exceptionally stable and full-featured.

I was looking into that but recently I've not been able to connect to xbins. Mirc keeps giving me a "blacklisted ip" error. I'm told this is a common issue with Comcast users (which is me)

Also, maybe you can do it that way, but I've never seen paths listed with commas. Normally, it's

CODE

<path>F:\Games</path>
<path>F:\HDDLoader</path>

etc. Also, why are you using depth 2? For most people's folder organization, which is like

F:\Apps\DVD2Xbox\
F:\Apps\Someotherapp\

the depth should be 1. That means it will go one folder lower than Apps to look for executables. Same for your Emulators; if you keep those in F:\Apps\Emulators, then you also want to give that a depth of 1 (assuming you have an executable in F:\Apps\Emulators\N64\default.xbe, for example).

By seperating by commas, I was going off the instructions that were commented out in the xml. I will try and seperate paths like you mentioned and see if that does it.
Also, the depth of 2...
I had been playing with xml for quite sometime before I finally posted. It was set to 1, I changed it to 2 for experimental reasons. Either way, no change. I do plan to change it back though.

#4 mrogers

mrogers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Computers, web design. Linux. Piano. Projects, projects, projects...like modding my Xbox!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:12 PM

Get one of the newest builds off of *cough*bittorrent*cough*. Make sure it's a T3CH build; PM me if you have questions about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users