#1 soxfan85

soxfan85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:51 AM

Ok so i got a 1.4 xbox with a X3 CE chip soldered in. All the soldered points are good and i now have to flash the chips with the bios i got. I burned a few disc and followed several tutorials on how to make them. I have used Memorex DVD-R disc and i cant get past "no updated bios ... halting" or along those lines. I am at school currently and cant not flash via http or ftp cuz the network here is preventing me from connecting to my xbox. I have Seagate 120 gig hard drive ready to install and was curious if i can get my bios onto that some how so i can updated the chip from there... any ideas?

#2 ClintiePoo

ClintiePoo

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:58 AM

Are you sure you named your bios "bios.bin" and put a dummy file of around 100 MB on the disc?

Wrong forum by the way.

#3 soxfan85

soxfan85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:34 AM

does the file name have to be bios.bin even if its already a bin type cuz if so that may be the problem. Sorry about posting in wrong forum...also does the dummy file have to be "dummy.bin" as well?

#4 Elusid

Elusid

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:59 AM

No it needs to be bios.bin also it's not that necessarly that important to use a dummy file. I did all my stuff without one.
Oh and if you do do a dummy file it dosn't matter what format it is. It's just junk space to make the disc more easily read.

Edited by Elusid, 12 May 2006 - 04:02 AM.

#5 soxfan85

soxfan85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:21 AM

ok so i made a disk with a "bios.bin" and a dummy file and then i used qwik to make an iso file. Then i burned it to a disc and i still get the same problem. what i do wrong??

#6 soxfan85

soxfan85

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:25 AM

could my problem be with the brand of disc i am using...if so what is a good brand that i can buy in stores like bestbuy? uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users