• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R0BBER

R0BBER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

Hello, I'm trying to hardmod my xbox with a x-chip, it set it up in a 1.6 xbox with a v1.6 sodderless adapter. all the lights come on and the adapter is in place, but when I turn it on the xbox it frags. I think it has somthing to do with the bios. I flashed the bios several times with crowmwell and stuff but it keeps fraging unless I take the chip out. can someone help?

#2 Pyrowe69

Pyrowe69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:01 AM

buddy, i don't know what to say...i have one of those chips, i spent hours trying to get that POS to work...it was flashed correctly, i had all the LED's on (5 blue ones) and i even soldered a wire for the 5 volts of juice it needed to power on the chip...just could not get it to work...so after many hours of frustration, i parted with some extra coin and got the Xenium X3CE, yes it requires soldering, but no longer than one hour to peel apart the box, pull out the board and solder what few points it required...but never had a problem with it...anyways, sorry i ain't helping you here, but i hate that friggin X-Chip, i gave it to 2 other people to try and see if they cacn get it working, no luck...try spreading the pins out a little by using a 5 cent/nickel coing, that may help, or solder that extra power lead for teh chip, there wil be a red or orange led on the bottom side of the chipe that will go on...other than that, good luck.

#3 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:17 AM

Its a power supply issue click the link in my sig to fix your problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users