RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

Why anyone but me would need this info is beyond me, but I figure I'd share it anyway. These are all of the buttons traces on the Wired and Wireless controllers. Sorry the pics look horrid on these, botophucket keeps resizing my files even though they're well below the 1MB size. If anyone wants better resolution ones PM me and I'll send them to ya, the 1600x800 ones I have look pretty good and you can zoom in on them really close and still see a lot of detail eventhough they're under 1MB in size. On these you can still make out what goes where, but they're not what I consider great at all. The originals are 220MB .psd files I scanned and are around 12000x6500, huge.

I traced all this stuff out to make up some full blown Southpaw controllers (swap D-pad for A,B,X,Y) for a couple of really kool guys, and one jerkass.

If you want to add a button, swap a button or need to repair a trace that got ripped up and a button doesn't work this outta help ya out a good bit.

The reason that the Guide button and Start button aren't traced out is because they have squat to do with the other buttons. They are the only 2 that actually have a "common ground" and are the only 2 buttons on it. All of these traced out here are "entangled" together, like a keypad or keyboard. Sometimes swapping just 2 buttons means you may be dealing with 4 or 5 because of the way they're all laid out in there.

WIRED MATRIX DIAGRAM

IPB Image

WIRED MATRIX TOP

IPB Image

WIRED MATRIX BOTTOM

IPB Image

WIRELESS MATRIX DIAGRAM

IPB Image

WIRELESS MATRIX TOP

IPB Image

WIRELESS MATRIX BOTTOM

IPB Image

Edited by RDC, 17 February 2009 - 08:11 AM.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

AWESOME! this is most helpful beerchug.gif

I was wondering why the buttons didn't read absolute zero when connected. it all makes sense now.

#3 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:15 AM

nice post! most helpful for people screwing up and people wanting to do more advanced mods!

beerchug.gif

#4 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:54 AM

thats basically pure sex

#5 Arjun

Arjun

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:26 AM

Appreciate it!
beerchug.gif

#6 DMartel

DMartel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Can anyone tell me what the components labeled D## are?

#7 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:38 PM

Awesome Job

I might try messing around in my controller now lol

#8 playboydee

playboydee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

Can you put the traces for the Left and Right Thumbstick's (X) and (y) locations on the wireless diagram also?

#9 3MT3

3MT3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:47 AM

can any one help me out here im tryin to ad A & B turbo bottons?????

this is the bord (thnx for the pic RDC)
IPB Image

I want to put the wires on the back side as not to interferr with the normal buttos ruber pad thing.

i have the rt turbo up an running but have not been able to make the second bord work any hel would help im just a noob with this stuf!

#10 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(3MT3 @ Feb 16 2009, 11:23 PM) View Post

can any one help me out here im tryin to ad A & B turbo bottons?????

I want to put the wires on the back side as not to interferr with the normal buttos ruber pad thing.

i have the rt turbo up an running but have not been able to make the second bord work any hel would help im just a noob with this stuf!

All of the traces are shown on the back of the board in the above pics, the problem ya have there is ya can't just wire up any of the 'buttons' in the Matrix version to a 555 or PIC and expect them to work. The Matrix version controller uses a, wait for it, a matrix layout for the buttons, so if ya want to push the A button (Dark Red + Green) you have to get those 2 traces to connect, same with the B button (Red + White w/Blue Dot) and every other button on the Matrix version controllers. The Triggers aren't part of that matrix layout and just have to go low to fire.

If you want to use that version of controller and and make them work you'll need to use a 4066 Bilateral switch and have your 555/PIC turn it on and then it can connect the traces and press the buttons.

The Wired CL or Wireless CG versions of the controller are much better suited to make a controller with R/F buttons, though soldering to the CG version is more difficult.

#11 3MT3

3MT3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

this is bad news eh... so how dose all this get wired up? is ther a tut for this sum where? and can i get the 4066 Bilateral switch at raido shack? and would it be better to make a new Circuit for the a&b bottons? any help you or any one can ofer would be greatly Appreciated

#12 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

There is no tutorial because it's a bit of a PITA and easier to do on a CL or CG board where the additional 4066 IC isn't needed, and Rat Shack does not carry that IC. As far as how it gets wired up that was explained already, the 555 or whatever you're using, will be used to turn on the 4066 and it will make the connection to press the button, it's just an IC that has 4 switches in it.

If you're not going to try looking any of this up for yourself then ya should either send the controller off to have it done or get one of the versions that's easier to do what ya want to it, the Matrix wasn't made with modding in mind. It can all be made to work off the same 555 R/F circuit if ya used that, no point in having to stuff another 555 in there on top of the 4066 and 555 that's already in there.

Edited by RDC, 17 February 2009 - 03:33 PM.

#13 3MT3

3MT3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:49 AM

cool And thinx alot i have a new Wireless im going to try this on...
If you're not going to try looking any of this up for yourself then ya should either send the controller off to have it done

I dont know squat about any of this stuf but want to learn so i want to be able to do it my self...know what i mean...and i have been reading this site for help for bout a month or 2 and working on things in my spear time but was getting discuraged... so srry for the nubby-ness .....

so with the new cg controller i can wire up a and b with out the 4066? just to beshure....

think for your help RDC! And srry for the noob stuf.

#14 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Learning is figuring a great deal of it out on yer own, following some tutorial is basically just copying. wink.gif

On the CG version controller there are a couple things ya have to be aware of also.

1. The 555 timer ya use needs to be the CMOS type so it can run off the lower battery voltage the Wireless controller has versus the Wired controller, Rat Shack does have those.

2. The Triggers on the CG version are backwards from the Matrix version. The Triggers on the CG go High (voltage) to fire instead of Low (ground) like the Matrix version.

So as far as making the buttons on the CG R/F ya build the exact same circuit ya did to make the Triggers on the Matrix work, then just wire it up to the buttons on the CG instead of the Triggers of the Matrix and those extra buttons will be you're R/F A and B buttons.

To make the Triggers of the CG R/F, since they work backwards from the Matrix, ya just need to take the output of your 555 and go thru a new button then to the Trigger. It's the same 555 circuit as what ya did before with the Triggers on the Matrix, just minus the Transistor(s) is all.

#15 3MT3

3MT3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

thinx alot you r the shit!!!!!

i have been readin more on here and wow you realy know you shit!!!! thinx for the great pics on trace repair.... i was fuckin around with my old controler befor i posted on here the first time and fucked up a vias(tryed to clean them out lol im a dumb ass...) but im prety shure i can fix um up after lookin at that tut!!!!!

any way im going to give all this a try! And ill try to get pis just incase somethin didnt work right.

Learning is figuring a great deal of it out on yer own, following some tutorial is basically just copying.

unsure.gif yea ur right but i got to start some where and befor i started fuckin round with this i didnt even know what a pot was! unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users