• 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:36 AM

GOLDBERG IN TALKS WITH TNA
By: BillGoldberg.com
5/14/2006 7:17:15 AM

In his latest journal entry on BillGoldberg.com, Goldberg says the following:

TNA Wrestling moved to Thursday nights (11 p.m. ET) on Spike-TV. That's a positive sign for TNA.
The appearance of some of my old buddies on TNA, such as Scott and Rick Steiner, certainly will help their cause.
I wish TNA nothing but the best and, yes, I can tell you that I've been in contact with TNA officials.
The potential for a comeback definitely exists.

Very good news, sounds like the monday night wars might make a comeback,
and seeing how bad WWE has gotten it hopefully ends in the downfall of the WWE.

#2 thegame_evolution

thegame_evolution

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:52 PM

i love how people keep thinking that when any type of competition comes by it will be the death of WWE. Nothing but WWE's own implosionw ill kill them. TNA is still very small beans comparitively. WWE is on 3 or 4 days a week while TNA is on one hour a week on a WWE off day and relatively late at night. TNA still has miles to go before they will even make a small dent in WWE.

#3 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:43 AM

Hush you!
dont ruin my fantasy of Vince getting whats coming to him. sleep.gif

#4 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

Vamp, you are the man. This SO kicks ass.
Evolution, I know a ton of guys who walked away from wrestiling with the end of WCW. The recent injection of recognizable names at TNA, I think, will have Vinny Mac scrambling a bit. Bring back Goldberg and TNA has real cred. They still need to ditch Jarret.
It could get interesting.

#5 smokeydadog

smokeydadog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:I'm not very interesting.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:25 PM

I was one of those guys who walked away after the end of WCW, along with about 4 of my friends. I've been meaning to check out this TNA stuff, though. Sounds like it's starting to heat up!

#6 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(smokeydadog @ May 16 2006, 11:32 AM) View Post

I was one of those guys who walked away after the end of WCW, along with about 4 of my friends. I've been meaning to check out this TNA stuff, though. Sounds like it's starting to heat up!

Do check it out. It's gettin better.

#7 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

TNA is great.. but it's quickly becoming the ECW of 1999-2000.

They keep recruiting old fucks.. with poor work-rates, and keep ignoring the younger talent that actually carry the show. Yes.. the old fucks have name recognition.. which is what Spike mandated TNA do.. but still..

Style and Daniels at the recent PPV.. made that show as far as I'm concerned. Teamed or against each other.. those two guys are ALL GO.

Course.. the Main event was good too.. but not because of Jarrett, Sting, or Steiner. Samoa Joe made that match. JOE showed us he can work the big show.. with the big names.. and outshine them without trying.

Joe comes off as a legit badass without trying.

#8 smokeydadog

smokeydadog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

Last night's show was my first TNA viewing, and here's what I took from it:

- It was great to see a lot of the old WCW guys again. Sting, Jarrett, Steiner, Konnan, Nash, etc. They're aging, but I think there's still a lot of potential for some good matches there.

- Having said that, why didn't any of them wrestle? All I saw were no-name (to me anyway) matches. It all turned out to be a big tease.

- What's up with interrupting a match for a commercial break? I never remember other wrestling shows cutting to a commercial in the middle of a match. Maybe they did, and I'm just getting old and forgetful. smile.gif

- The overall quality of the wrestling wasn't terribly great. It wasn't horrible either, though, so I can live with it.

- Announcers were forgettable. I don't watch the show for them anyway, but it would be nice to have some good talent there.

- Nash looks like a dork with short hair. Is he selling used cars at his day job or something?

Overall I thought the show was okay. I'll probably tune in from time to time, but as of now I don't see it as something I can get overly excited about. It sure would help if they'd put the show on a little earlier. Some of us actually have to be up at 6:30 every morning to go to work. Maybe I'll have to hook up my old VCR again.

#9 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(smokeydadog @ May 19 2006, 06:53 AM) View Post

Last night's show was my first TNA viewing, and here's what I took from it:

- It was great to see a lot of the old WCW guys again. Sting, Jarrett, Steiner, Konnan, Nash, etc. They're aging, but I think there's still a lot of potential for some good matches there.

- Having said that, why didn't any of them wrestle? All I saw were no-name (to me anyway) matches. It all turned out to be a big tease.

- What's up with interrupting a match for a commercial break? I never remember other wrestling shows cutting to a commercial in the middle of a match. Maybe they did, and I'm just getting old and forgetful. smile.gif

- The overall quality of the wrestling wasn't terribly great. It wasn't horrible either, though, so I can live with it.

- Announcers were forgettable. I don't watch the show for them anyway, but it would be nice to have some good talent there.

- Nash looks like a dork with short hair. Is he selling used cars at his day job or something?

Overall I thought the show was okay. I'll probably tune in from time to time, but as of now I don't see it as something I can get overly excited about. It sure would help if they'd put the show on a little earlier. Some of us actually have to be up at 6:30 every morning to go to work. Maybe I'll have to hook up my old VCR again.

-They didn't wrestly, imo, because as HSD noted, they are old fucks. They had a PPV Sunday and are still recovering. They do have some guys with decent mic skills.

-TNA is awful about interrupting matches w/commercial breaks. IDK why, but I agree it is a whippin.

-They have some talented young guys who can REALLY put on a show. I personally don't care for Samoa Joe. I think he's a fat dork. I was really rooting hard for Rhino, who I think is greatness with his energy and his size-the guy looks like a bar room brawler the likes of Bam Bigelow/One Man Gang. I think Abyss is just big. He's a sorry cross between Cane/Mankind (With a Paul Bearer starter-kit manager). Styles can bring it, Daniels can bring it. I'm still undecided on Christian Cage. I'd like to see someone take his title and make him work for a living.

-Iron Mike Tunney annoys a lot of people. I don't mind him. He's just typical of a ringside guy. I like them better than some of the WWE ringside talent (Except the King...I love.gif the King)

-I think Nash was just ready for a change. His hair now looks better than it did several months ago. It was great long, and it's OK short. But for a while it was really hideous (see his profile at http://www.tnawrestl...nash/index.html )

It's getting better. I tivo it in case I fall asleep (getting older, this happens more and more). I still turn it on at 10.

#10 smokeydadog

smokeydadog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:32 PM

Man, don't remind me they're old! That just makes me realize that I'm getting old too. sad.gif

I liked Rhino for sure. Fiery guys are fun to watch. Abyss on the other hand...yeah, generic. It's been done before.

The announcers didn't piss me off or get me excited. They just didn't do anything for me at all.

Man, Nash's hair was pretty horrendous back then. Maybe it's time for him to try the bald thing? Or maybe he could single-handedly bring mohawks back in style.

TiVo would work. I normally hate TV (I only have cable because it's free) so I don't have a DVR or anything like that. I think my VCR is buried somewhere under my bed, but I'm not sure. My gf moves in next month so maybe I can find it when we rearrange bedrooms.

#11 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

TNA would be wise if they only mixed in the old guys, dont rely on them as main eventers anymore,
they are past their prime but still pretty good for some entertaining storylines.

and ofcourse to rub some stardom off on the younger guys like Daniels and Styles,
but the moment they regulary start having oldfuck vs oldfuck main events then TNA is doomed.
because it will only piss off the younger guys who have been carying TNA all this time,
and eventually Nash will break his leg again, and steiner will roidrage himself into a broken foot,
and luger will.. well lets not go there.

just use the older guys to make the younger guys more credible (if they arent allready after all this time)

because if they forget the younger guys then they will jump to WWE where they will be burried by..
well more older guys biggrin.gif

The word TNA is looking for but atm kinda missing is Mixing.

#12 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:13 PM

Lol...funny Vamp.
I agree. A little mixing would do them some good.
They mixed Samoa Joe in with the Stinger for this past PPV and Joe fucked him. Genius move. I like that.
Personally I'd like to see Nash take off Joes head, but watching the Samoan Submission Machine tap-out of the Scorpion Death Lock would be $$$ too.

#13 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 May 2006 - 06:15 AM

did any of you guys watch TNA when it was a weekly ppv every wednesday? wow was that some of the best wrestling i've ever seen. the first ultimate X was amazing, as well as the first king of the mountain. once it was on free tv i had some timing conflicts and wasn't able to watch it as much so don't know too much as far as what happened since the last wednesday ppv and now. I did find it last night when flipping through the channels though and it still looks amazing.

i saw that petey williams is around and it looks like they made bobby roode a big name person too. the canadian destroyer (basically a flip piledriver, its amazing) was one of the best finishers i've seen. the fact the TNA doesn't have crappy boring finishers was what got me so interested in the first place.

styles clash, black hole slam, i forget the name of AMW's finisher, angel's wing, (natural disaster? was that the name of it?), i seem to remember the truth having a cool finisher, is much better then anything wwe has. the story seems to be written much better also and the quality of the wrestling seems much better too (or at least it was but i doubt something like that would drop off)

goldberg is awesome and i'd love to see him come to tna. i saw him at a live event (wwe when they where actually good still) and saw him spear someone into a security baricade and break the padding. he puts on an awesome show live.

what where you saying about spike mandating them to put the old people in the spot light HSD? thats rediculous if they have that kind of power. crap like that makes me wish TNA just stayed on the weekly ppv even more

Edited by Reaper527, 29 May 2006 - 06:17 AM.

#14 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• 5,149 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ May 29 2006, 07:22 AM) View Post

did any of you guys watch TNA when it was a weekly ppv every wednesday?

Yeah that was good stuff, didnt like the S.E.X. angle though, all that Russo stuff felt so fake..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users