• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DavidJaquith

DavidJaquith

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone have this mod working? I just got the NTSC version of Morrowind GOTY and I've hex edited the one file to eliminate the stupid intro videos and I've hex edited the other file to allow me to use mods... I've been trying mods all night and I've gotten everything but one mod to work.

Here's the mods I'm running with:

20 Books
Better Bodies
Better Heads
Bottle (The house-in-bottle mod)
Ninja Outfits
Repeater Crossbow
At Home Alchemy

I don't know if all of these work or if they just fail to crash my game, but I do know that the Better Bodies/Better Heads work.

However, I really want to get Morrowind Crafting 2.0. For those who don't know the mod, it sets up a crafting system heavily based on resource collection and skill interaction. It seems rather neat, but I can't get it to work. After removing the dependencies from the mod like I did for some of the other mods (the ones I didn't get from a ready-for-xbox mod list) I put everything into my Data Files folder in my xbox... If I load my test save game I was using to test my mods it seems to work, however when I tried to create a new game I get that speech from the guy in the boat and then when the guard comes the game crashes (No dirty disc error message, just a blank black screen) somewhere around where I climb the first set of stairs. After removing the Morrowind Craftings 2.0 mod files I am fully capable of getting past this point.

Is it that I'm running out of RAM on the xbox because the mod is too big? If this is the case, is there any way I could shrink this mod down so it would work? Also, if it turns out impossible, are there any other mods that give similar functionality to that of the Morrowind Crafting 2.0 mod?

Just so I'm not being a beggar of help without giving anything in return:

I've been through nearly every topic in this forum and I've noticed that there were a fair amount of newbies who didn't know how to mod an xbox. Here's the softmod tutorial I wrote: softmodtutorial.blogspot.com

This tutorial uses -slightly- old techniques and software, but it has no problems, is extremely easy, and the software to do it is very easy to get for a newbie. I have two xboxes modded using that method and I've modden a dozen others for friends. Also, the tutorial goes through the process of upgrading the hard drive in a softmodded xbox (it's not as hard as some people think) and dispells some half-truths and myths about the softmodding process.

This is my first post to this forum and I hope I didn't do anything wrong in it. If I have, please contact me or reply to this thread and I'll make whatever changes I can.

Have a great day!

#2 T-Roy

T-Roy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:07 AM

you could always try removing all mods (and after cleaning your cache) try putting on the morrowind crafting 2.0 mod and seeing if it'll run by itself.

if it does then add one mod and test, then another and test, then another and test and so on, this way you can see if two mods clash with each other

or if it only crashes when you start a new game, create a new game without the mod installed, save at your first possible chance, install the mod, load your save game and enjoy

i'm a newbie aswell but these are the things that i would try

good luck

#3 Pyro0623

Pyro0623

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Computers and technology, Xbox moddin', Playin' vids on my xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

one thing i know is that the bottle mod broke quests on mine and the guards wouldnt try and collect your bounty if you had one, they'd just come up to you and open a regular dialog and then immediately attack you once you close it. try removing that then putting in the crafting and see what happens.

#4 DoUg1983

DoUg1983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

Not sure about morrowind crafting 2.0 just downloaded it... but Complete Morrowind Full works provided you convert it for xbox. it does basicly the same thing as morrowind crafting 2.0 as far as i can tell.but i'm still testing it,but it seems to work with out a hitch and the replacer.esp works too. i'll try morrowind crafting 2.0 later tonight and give an update on the results.oh you can get Complete Morrowind Full from planetelderscrolls.

#5 DoUg1983

DoUg1983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

Well it seems that Morrowwind crafting 2.0 does indeed work....testing as i type..no probs yet:crashing, freezes,or distorted graphics,or slow down.and can use all skills so far...lets keep our fingers crossed.this is a fairly big mod to test so it will problaly take me awhile to fully test it..oh just realized that my recomendation of the similar mod: complete morrowind full, hit a major snag: cant use the woodworking feature, but if you don't mind that feel free to do so. but so far Morrowwind crafting 2.0 seems to be 100% xbox compatabile.hope thats good news to someone.will keep updating my test results if anybody cares also
biggrin.gif

#6 DoUg1983

DoUg1983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:43 PM

Ok first Domestic skill trainer works flawlessly,as does the woodworking kit,jewler kit, sand collection,and fletching kit,trying to track down the other kits and trainers asap(thankfully the enchanted editor speeds up this process)could a Moderator tell me if i should start a new topic on this or if i'm just wasting time informing ppl on this amazing mod in the first place?

oh and the jounal is keeping track of the info on the mod skills without glitching.and the menus all show the correct xbox buttons for the skills biggrin.gif

#7 DoUg1983

DoUg1983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:31 PM

ok another update on my test(which seems to be falling upon deaf ears)this mod is 100% working with no probs may up the conversion to planetelderscrolls provided i get some feed back.also tested this mod with xbox visual mod, a grand abode,and better bodies, with no conflicts on either new games or saved games.so thats it untill some interest in this awesome mod ocurs.

Edited by DoUg1983, 22 June 2006 - 11:33 PM.

#8 DoUg1983

DoUg1983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

hmm oh well

Edited by DoUg1983, 23 June 2006 - 03:40 PM.

#9 Upright8infinitY

Upright8infinitY

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

Sounds cool, I'll be sure to try it soon. Thanks for the testing.

#10 Phantom Poison

Phantom Poison

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(DavidJaquith @ May 15 2006, 11:46 AM) View Post

Does anyone have this mod working? I just got the NTSC version of Morrowind GOTY and I've hex edited the one file to eliminate the stupid intro videos and I've hex edited the other file to allow me to use mods... I've been trying mods all night and I've gotten everything but one mod to work.

Here's the mods I'm running with:

20 Books
Better Bodies
Better Heads
Bottle (The house-in-bottle mod)
Ninja Outfits
Repeater Crossbow
At Home Alchemy

I don't know if all of these work or if they just fail to crash my game, but I do know that the Better Bodies/Better Heads work.

However, I really want to get Morrowind Crafting 2.0. For those who don't know the mod, it sets up a crafting system heavily based on resource collection and skill interaction. It seems rather neat, but I can't get it to work. After removing the dependencies from the mod like I did for some of the other mods (the ones I didn't get from a ready-for-xbox mod list) I put everything into my Data Files folder in my xbox... If I load my test save game I was using to test my mods it seems to work, however when I tried to create a new game I get that speech from the guy in the boat and then when the guard comes the game crashes (No dirty disc error message, just a blank black screen) somewhere around where I climb the first set of stairs. After removing the Morrowind Craftings 2.0 mod files I am fully capable of getting past this point.

Is it that I'm running out of RAM on the xbox because the mod is too big? If this is the case, is there any way I could shrink this mod down so it would work? Also, if it turns out impossible, are there any other mods that give similar functionality to that of the Morrowind Crafting 2.0 mod?

Just so I'm not being a beggar of help without giving anything in return:

I've been through nearly every topic in this forum and I've noticed that there were a fair amount of newbies who didn't know how to mod an xbox. Here's the softmod tutorial I wrote: softmodtutorial.** Banned on Xs ** SPAMMED **

This tutorial uses -slightly- old techniques and software, but it has no problems, is extremely easy, and the software to do it is very easy to get for a newbie. I have two xboxes modded using that method and I've modden a dozen others for friends. Also, the tutorial goes through the process of upgrading the hard drive in a softmodded xbox (it's not as hard as some people think) and dispells some half-truths and myths about the softmodding process.

This is my first post to this forum and I hope I didn't do anything wrong in it. If I have, please contact me or reply to this thread and I'll make whatever changes I can.

Have a great day!

Edited by forprog, 13 July 2006 - 12:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users