Jump to content


Photo

Party Mode...


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JagerMonster

JagerMonster

    X-S Enthusiast

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:56 AM

So I posted this in a different forum and they told me to come here. The thought was Party Mode already exists and what I have thought of is something similar just more advanced then it's current stage of development. Copy of my original post, what do you think:

I had this awesome idea today, forgive me if it already exists. If it does, could you kindly point me in the direction of it. If I knew more than just the very basics of Visual Basic I would attempt this my self.

Okay, heres the idea. A party juke box for the xbox. It starts randomly playing songs from assigned directories. People could grab a controller and 'vote' for songs they liked. This would insure the song got played sometime soon and the more votes it got the higher the priority for playing it would be. The program would keep track of what songs were being picked, paying attention to the genre. Then it could give higher probabilities for the random play of songs from the most picked genre. It could also have a system sort of like the 5 star system of the iPod. The more votes a song got, the higher a star it recieved (this rating would stay with the song, not just the party session). Then in the future the randomness of picking a new song would also factor in how many stars it has.

Example:

Song 1 - Random Song Pick
50% chance techno, 25% chance it's rap, 25% chance it's rock
40% it's 5 star, 30% it's 4 star, 20% 3 star, 5% 2 star, 5% 1 or 0 star

Song 2 - Random Song Pick
40% chance techno, 30% chance it's rap, 30% chance it's rock (% changed because people have voted)
40% it's 5 star, 30% it's 4 star, 20% 3 star, 5% 2 star, 5% 1 or 0 star

Song 3 - Voted Song Pick
Picked on # of votes, order it was picked, ...

Song 4 - Random Song Pick
30% chance techno, 40% chance it's rap, 30% chance it's rock (% changed because people have voted)
40% it's 5 star, 30% it's 4 star, 20% 3 star, 5% 2 star, 5% 1 or 0 star

etc...

The more songs that were being voted on, the more it would play voted songs and not randomly picked songs...

Of course you would have to normalize the % genre it got picked. For example, if you only had one techno song you wouldn't want it to play all the time. You could have settings that woudn't allow it to play the same song twice in a session, or allow it to play twice but only if it gets a vote after playing the first time, wouldn't allow the same artist to play twice in a row, etc...

You could have more than one controller so people with large screens could have more than one person browsing songs at a time. You could have a cool visualization going when people weren't voting, or going on in the back ground *cough* Milk Drop *cough*.

Wow, the possibilities seem endles...

#2 Affini

Affini

    X-S Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:27 AM

posting this here is pretty useless... try the official xbmc forum web site.

I still do not get why people post anything on this website pertaining to xbmc when there is an entire site dedicated to xbmc and all the activity happens!?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users