GearGuy2001

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:17 AM

In my electronics class we are wiring a claculator and we had to use a chip I think it was a 7489. Well the choices were Motorola Chips or TI chips. Since TI makes calculators you would think they could build a decent chip. To program the chip you enable the write, hold the number on the keypad and Clock it in. Well its supposed to hold the data after you disable write and only the Motorola Chips did. I found this funny considering TI makes calculators for the most part.

#2 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(GearGuy2001 @ May 18 2006, 10:24 PM) View Post

In my electronics class we are wiring a claculator and we had to use a chip I think it was a 7489. Well the choices were Motorola Chips or TI chips. Since TI makes calculators you would think they could build a decent chip. To program the chip you enable the write, hold the number on the keypad and Clock it in. Well its supposed to hold the data after you disable write and only the Motorola Chips did. I found this funny considering TI makes calculators for the most part.

Is it possible that you had a deffective TI chip? Mabye their read/write protection was a bit different from the Motorola ones...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users