Xbox-Scene

Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Xbox360 SS Merger v1.3-- Posted by XanTium on May 19 14:42 EST
HellDoc released a new version of Xbox360 SS Merger - a GUI tool that allows you to easily insert the Security Sectors (SS) on raw dumps made both the 'wxRipper(info)'-way and the 'xtreme'-way (with original Xbox 360 DVD drive on PC and special bios).
From HellDoc on the xboxhacker.net forums:

What's new/fixed:
* Added an ISO type autodetection feature.
* Added an ISO splitter to extract video partion, ss sector and game partition from iso file.

About autodection :
Iso dectection work fine with untouched image... So if you rip with wxripper, then apply Security Sector, iso type will be wrongly detected as xtreme....
To ensure that you already have the video partition, mount the iso file with deamon tools or alcohol. You should be able to play the video.

How to merge ss :
1 - Make sure you have .Net Framework 2 installed.
2 - Browse for the iso.
3 - Hit Detect.
4 - Make sure detected settings are right by looking at the selected layer break file. (Xbox Iso or Xbox 360 iso) (If the iso was made using the xtreme way, there no way to detect if its xbox or xbox 360 so you must specify it)
5 - Browse for the Security Sector file
6 - If its an original xbox iso, click the xbox button, it will set the ss offset and choose xbox layer break file.
7 - Hit Merge and Create Layer break file
8 - Burn the .dvd file that was created with cd/dvd.
9 - Give your feedback
10 - Donate via paypal to helldoc AT gmail D0t com so i can buy a 360 (no, i don't even have one... i sometime have access to one with an hitachi drive...)

How to use iso splitter:
1 - select your iso file (Must be a complete iso with video partition).
2 - hit xbox 360 or xbox depending on your iso.
3 - select what you want to extract (Extraction the game partion will create a xtreme type of iso)
4 - Hit split and wait.

Official Site: n/a, writen by HellDoc on xboxhacker.net forums
Download: here

#2 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Sweet...Easyness at its best.

#3 yankefish

yankefish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:46 PM

thx again

#4 pechvoge

pechvoge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

I got one iso (and I don`t know with wich methode it`s been made cool.gif ) I got it now for 2 months or so, but SS Merger 1.3 still detects that the iso has been made with the Xtreme Method!! It`s never been touched, I tried 3 from now and all detected as Xtreme iso`s :S :S This can`t be true, can it? WHY is this so?? Or is it just buggy?

#5 geebee

geebee

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(pechvoge @ May 19 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

I got one iso (and I don`t know with wich methode it`s been made cool.gif ) I got it now for 2 months or so, but SS Merger 1.3 still detects that the iso has been made with the Xtreme Method!! It`s never been touched, I tried 3 from now and all detected as Xtreme iso`s :S :S This can`t be true, can it? WHY is this so?? Or is it just buggy?

read the rules before talking about piracy. This can`t be true, can it? WHY is this so?? Because piracy is bad.

#6 helldoc

helldoc

X-S Enthusiast

• Dev/Contributor
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:50 PM

Well the "xtreme way" to do iso is only that the video partion and ss have been stripped...

If you wanna be sure of the type of iso, mount the image with daemon tool or alcohol 120. If you do have video, you can use the wxRipper way.

The video partion was maybe blanked also... You can open your iso in an hex editor. If the file start with all 00 then video partition has been blanked. You can also consider the iso as being made the wxRipper way.

Otherwise, it looks like the video partition is not there so leave it as it as being autodetected by the soft wink.gif

#7 pechvoge

pechvoge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(geebee @ May 19 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

read the rules before talking about piracy. This can`t be true, can it? WHY is this so?? Because piracy is bad.

Shut the fuck up will ya?? May be I got this iso`s from a friend?? Just don`t wake up sleeping dogs!!

BTW: What do you mean with ``VIDEO``?? If I mount the iso with deamon, I cannot even enter the iso....
(I know for sure this is a WXRIPPER iso, and I got some files with a .360 extraction, so I can`t mount them!!)

EDIT:

You got it right helldoc! If I hexedit an old iso I see a lot of 00 at the beginning! Can I consider now that this is a WXRIPPER iso?? (strange that you ss merger still thinks it`s a Xtreme iso!)

And the 00 is it 100% water-proof??

grtz, and I will send you some money with paypal for your great work!!

Edited by pechvoge, 19 May 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#8 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

It detected an iso I have as "Xtreme" way, which didn't make sense either. I looked at it in hex, did not start with 0's. I mounted it with daemon tools and couldn't view the contents ("please insert disc" message). WinDVD wouldn't play it either. So I am assuming the autodetection is correct, so I am letting it build the new ISO the "Xtreme" way (the way it detected).

I guess we'll know if it worked properly if it plays in the 360... (strange, I thought this iso was made with wxripper - not related, suddenly i feel like dessert rolleyes.gif)

Edited by feflicker, 19 May 2006 - 09:59 PM.

#9 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:13 PM

One note, the confirmation msgbox states "Burn with CloneDVD". I am using CloneCD as that is what was recommended originally. It is letting me burn with CloneCD, so should we assume BOTH will work fine?

I've seen this question in a few places, just never seen the answer alongside it happy.gif

If it can, in the next release maybe update the msgbox to say "CloneCD/DVD"...

#10 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:18 PM

I guess we'll know if it worked properly if it plays in the 360...

It's playing beerchug.gif

#11 AirGumby

AirGumby

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

I've been away from the console burning, but color me wrong here but isn't it impossible to play burned copies of your games on your console? Or is the XBox360 that different that doing the method above allows you to play actual burned copies on a non-modded XBox360?

#12 geebee

geebee

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(AirGumby @ May 20 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

I've been away from the console burning, but color me wrong here but isn't it impossible to play burned copies of your games on your console? Or is the XBox360 that different that doing the method above allows you to play actual burned copies on a non-modded XBox360?

where have you been? Thats you coloured wrong :-)

Read the board...

No, you need to mod the firmware to play your backups.

Edited by geebee, 20 May 2006 - 10:58 PM.

#13 X-Clusion

X-Clusion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

I'm completely confused right here...

Ripped PGR 3 using WxRipper: Used the SS merger to split iso and get SS
SS = all blanks...

I then used the iso splitter to split the game partition from the iso
I then splitted the SS from the newly created iso (the game partition only)
it gave one this time which wasn't blank

it's PAL so I thought I'ld compare it to the PGR3-SS in-cluded in the Xtreme Package
Completely different

Now I know PAL has a lot a few different SS's but can it be that the iso made by WxRipper doesn't contain it :S

BTW
I had to change
C
D
C
C
J
C
J

into

D
D
D
C
J
C
J

Edited by X-Clusion, 21 May 2006 - 01:29 PM.

#14 vgopal

vgopal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:47 PM

your doing the wrong method, the wxripper mothod does not rip the SS!
only the original 360 drives can rip the ss from the discs, thats why your confused.

#15 remstrus

remstrus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

Hi

I am following the guides but when I have created my ISO and merged the SS with SS M 1.3 I get the following error when trying to load the .dvd file in DVD Decrypter.

The .iso and .dvd files are the same filename.

If anyone could lend a hand explaining the error, I would be most grateful!

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users