• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dudebig

dudebig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:06 AM

In the readme from commodore4eva he stated that the booktype of the game must be set to DVD-ROM but the backups I made with that settings didn't work.

My backups only works when the booktype and media type are set to DVD+R DL

IPB Image

Anyone else can confirm this?

I made my backups with wxripper+ss.bin and burned on LG-467B at 2.4x with clonecd

They work, I made some coaster using bitsetting to DVD-ROM, and on a friend made one without the bitsetting and they worked so now I dont know why, is it only me?

#2 dudebig

dudebig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

nobody can answer this?

#3 bosx2

bosx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:29 PM

hi,

I have the same media, going to burn as dvd+r dl too, maybe its a media related thing?

will let you know

By the way, what program you used for burning?

Edited by bosx2, 20 May 2006 - 11:32 PM.

#4 dudebig

dudebig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:26 AM

CloneCD 5.2.8.1 I think is the only one that works. blink.gif

I will be getting some verbatim next week.

Edited by dudebig, 21 May 2006 - 02:27 AM.

#5 dudebig

dudebig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:57 PM

now I know is not media related, is a burner thing.

I borrowed a pioneer 111D and the damn backups worked. the bitsetting on DVD-ROM so, after 5 days now I know that I lost 20 DVD+R DL because of the LG.

I will be waiting for the verbatim I bought and tomorrow I will be buying a new pioneer 111D.

#6 bosx2

bosx2

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(dudebig @ May 22 2006, 12:04 AM) View Post

now I know is not media related, is a burner thing.

I borrowed a pioneer 111D and the damn backups worked. the bitsetting on DVD-ROM so, after 5 days now I know that I lost 20 DVD+R DL because of the LG.

I will be waiting for the verbatim I bought and tomorrow I will be buying a new pioneer 111D.

I am confused now, because you said bruning as dvd+r dl on your ld worked. Now you say it doesnt? Please clear things up..

#7 dudebig

dudebig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

As I said at the beginning, games burned with the LG-4167B with booktype set to DVD+R DL boot on my console. But not all the time and they dont boot on all the consoles that I tried after that.

My big confusion began when they booted the first time, after that I burned all the other isos I was ripping with the same burner and the same config. And they started fine in my console. But when I started to modified other xb360 for friend and family I notice that this games didnt boot ok, or they freeze or I got the "clean your disk" message.

I started to look for answer in the forums, but at the end I find out on trail and error, I tried with 4 diff burners until the pioneer 111 burned FIFA 2006 as DVD-ROM and that one worked on the 3 consoles I had at home at the first time when put it on the xbox.

I run out of DVDs so I cannot try with any other games but DOA4 and FIFA 2006 now work as DVD-ROM burned in pioneer 111. And they boot on all consoles, I had to call my friends to bring their consoles over, and the games booted fine on all of the consoles we tried. Specially those that didnt boot FIFA burned as dvd+r dl.

Hope this clarify thing now.

I am waiting for verbatim to risk another 4 dvd on the same burners again. (pioneer 109, pioner 110, LG4167B,LGH10A) after update the firmw of all 4.

#8 AssyrianKing

AssyrianKing

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:56 AM

dudebig you need to learn a bit of vocabulary and make more sense of your sentences. and no you did not say in the beginning (first post) the following quote "But not all the time and they dont boot on all the consoles that I tried after that." which is why bosx2 and I got confused.

So i guess the result is that you MUST burn with DVD-ROM bitsetting, and the only reason why dudebig's DVD+R DL bitsetting worked was pure random chance that his xbox read it. so ofcourse you will see compatibility read problems reading DVD+R DL bitset DVD's, so we must make sure it is set to DVD-ROM to read properly on every xbox 360 console with no problems.

Now you said in your first post DVD-ROM bitset DVD's did NOT work. This would have been due to you making your backups incorrectly.....

#9 Xtremity

Xtremity

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:50 AM

i had troubles with bitsetting blah blah blah.

bought a new burner that doesnt even support bitsetting changing. backups work now.

ASUS DRW-1608P2S + elcheapo noname media

#10 MaxP

MaxP

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(Xtremity @ May 23 2006, 07:57 AM) View Post

i had troubles with bitsetting blah blah blah.

bought a new burner that doesnt even support bitsetting changing. backups work now.

ASUS DRW-1608P2S + elcheapo noname media

the 1608P2S is a rebranded Pioneer 110....
whislt it dosnt support the changing of the bitset, it sutomaticaly sets bit type to DVD-ROM as opposed to DVD-DL.

have the same drive works a charm...
if you were to have an old firmware or issues then you might want to grab the latest hacked bios from Firmware Page Buffalow 8.39 (also refered to as OEM)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users