• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 webmann

webmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:17 PM

Can someone please explain why nearly every other online game is moddable.. and public knowledge. Yet forza is yet to be seen, I can understand perfectly why certain people wish this to be remained a secret.

I have seen the possibilities of such modifications thanks to DOS4GW and am well impressed with the results from a technical side, as I am currently developing and upgrading a website specifically for the designs I have created on the game.

An extra section on the possible mods I could do would be great.

Feel free to visit www.forzabud.co.uk and post any comments.

Any help on how to create these mods would be greatly appreciated, as of now I am runnin forza of the HD with a chipped box, I can unpack the *.cab and *.ca2 files thanks to the customs team.. but have not succeeded in finding a single program to re-pack and successfully get them working within the game. blink.gif

regards

Message me or contact me on XBC as budmonnster.

#2 kevinlekiller

kevinlekiller

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:00 PM

Thats the real problem right now (repacking) , we have to work together and find the solution , I know dos knows what it is , but he doenst look like he wants to share the info or as the time do do it.

Most people think its for cheating , but frankly I doubt its even possible to play a burned copy of a game on live , and xbc isnt very fun anyways.

What people have to understand is us people who have the game since it came out are getting bored of it , and doing crazy mods like this brings back some fun in the game , hell I would love to drive 1000 km/h smile.gif or drive a monster truck.

#3 webmann

webmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:49 AM

Right, seeing as this is a forza modding thread, and seeing as no one seems to be helping very much, heres how far i've got.

I can now successfully unpack and pack the *.cab and *.ca2 archives with the help of game extractor.. and to be fair, it doesnt o a bad job of it.. im currently in talks with a friend who may be able to help with the rest... as at the moment its throwing a DDE on boot.

But unlike the people who are already privvy to the knowledge on how to do this, when i find out... I WILL be posting a topic on it and how it is done tongue.gif

I know DOS isnt the only person whos knows how to do it, a few people have worked out the solution... but just dont want to give out the information for whatever reason... no matter, all in good time biggrin.gif

stay tuned cool.gif

#4 kevinlekiller

kevinlekiller

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

Well like I read on other threads, theres some sort of checksum to see if the ca2 cab files changed. Im guessing the checksum is in the default.xbe ? Maybe editing the default.xbe to remove the checksum?

#5 brienj

brienj

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(kevinlekiller @ May 22 2006, 02:07 PM) View Post

Most people think its for cheating , but frankly I doubt its even possible to play a burned copy of a game on live , and xbc isnt very fun anyways.

Actually you can now, haven't you been keeping up with the firmware news, but anyway, I am glad he won't share, as too many people on XBL cheat as it is, we don't need even more. There wouldn't be a problem if there weren't kiddie hackers/cheaters on XBL, but some parents will buy anything for their kids, including an XBL account. dry.gif

#6 webmann

webmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:34 PM

i understand with games like halo they have XBL rooms specific for modded games... can they not do this with forza? - just a thought.

jester.gif

#7 kevinlekiller

kevinlekiller

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(brienj @ May 23 2006, 04:09 PM) View Post

Actually you can now, haven't you been keeping up with the firmware news

Nope smile.gif I have been away from the scene since a while ( the good ole days of bert and ernie and clock loops smile.gif , anyways whats when I was active )

#8 forzadude

forzadude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(kevinlekiller @ May 22 2006, 08:07 PM) View Post

That's a pretty selfish statement. Just because you don't play on XLink doesn't mean that others don't!

You can see right now that people are joining with the nick Nosliv, a know cheat-savegame to enable all cars. And if this mod is released it will surely ruin gameplay for EVERYONE! This is atm. the best racing game on xbox, and i REALLY hope the mod won't be released until a better game comes.

And making a separate arena doesn't work, people cheat to WIN. If making a separate arena would work, there wouldn't be ANY problems with online cheating for ANY game. And online cheating clearly is a major problem.

A cheat was released for Project Gotham Racing 2 and it made online gameplay - XBox live AND XLink - a nightmare.

If you really enjoy this game, this would be obvious to you, like it is to dedicated fans like Brijen and me.

Edited by forzadude, 24 May 2006 - 10:52 AM.

#9 forzadude

forzadude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE(brienj @ May 23 2006, 10:09 PM) View Post

Actually you can now, haven't you been keeping up with the firmware news, but anyway, I am glad he won't share, as too many people on XBL cheat as it is, we don't need even more. There wouldn't be a problem if there weren't kiddie hackers/cheaters on XBL, but some parents will buy anything for their kids, including an XBL account. dry.gif

From what I've heard DOS4GW or someone else will release the mod when it has been verified that modded and non-modded can't play syslink together.

So I suggest that people who know how to mod it wait before releasing anything that just screws up peoples online experience.

@kevinlekiller: do you even know what a checksum is?

Edited by forzadude, 24 May 2006 - 11:36 AM.

#10 kevinlekiller

kevinlekiller

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

Calm it "dude" , we all have our opinions. I dont care if people cheat, they can do what they want , I wont stop them. Sooner or later someone will release this mod and yes maybe some people will do it on xbc , but thats life. Live with it.

#11 forzadude

forzadude

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

Yeah... I'm guessing someone is gonna be real pissed when they finally get their hands on the packer/unpacker which doesn't work on syslink. laugh.gif Cuz then the cheaters@large can't use it too **** up other users gameplay. rolleyes.gif

And about the packer/unpacker: Some other dude is making sure it can be easily embedded in a visualbasic gui, so the wannabe hackers can't steal it and release it under their name. rotfl.gif

I'm gonna do my best to make sure the only thing noobs and cheaters see of this mods is teasers. biggrin.gif

#12 webmann

webmann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:54 PM

I for one wont be bothered wether it works on syslink or xbc or xbl.... I just want another section on my website blink.gif plus my kudos will be gr8 cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users