deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:05 AM

Just curious if someone copied oblivion without an issue? Ive backed up all my games and they all worked except this one and i dont really wanna try again unless someone can tell me for sure it does work.

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:22 AM

I finished backing mine up and I get "to play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console". My first backup so I'm not sure if it's the disc or my firmware. I can still boot the original no problem, just can't boot the backup.

deakphreak - Is this the same error you get? You said all your other backups work fine so if you get the same error just let me know. I'm going to try backing up pd0 now.

#3 pure3d2

pure3d2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 21 2006, 05:29 AM) View Post

I finished backing mine up and I get "to play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console". My first backup so I'm not sure if it's the disc or my firmware. I can still boot the original no problem, just can't boot the backup.

deakphreak - Is this the same error you get? You said all your other backups work fine so if you get the same error just let me know. I'm going to try backing up pd0 now.

Hmm, I just burned my copy and it works flawlessly.

My specs:

Motherboard: EP-9NDA3+ (nForce 3 Ultra chipset)
Burner: NEC ND-3500AG DVDRW
Media: Memorex 2.4x DVD+DL (the cheap kind)

#4 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE(deakphreak @ May 20 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

Just curious if someone copied oblivion without an issue? Ive backed up all my games and they all worked except this one and i dont really wanna try again unless someone can tell me for sure it does work.

im assuming your using the method in the readme file, Did anything go different with this process then the others (parts when it lagged)?, did you make more then one ss.bin and compare them?, I've heard of ppl that have done this and they say they look different from what i understand they shouldn't but then again i haven't even got a 360 right now (in for repair)

#5 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

Its very weird, the process went through exactly the same as all the others but no go. My friend tried his kameo and that did not work. It booted up and then just kinda froze at the loading screen.

The strange thing is, i think those 2 backups were used with the dual layers i ordered from newegg.com but all the others were used from dvd's i bought at best buy. They are the exact same discs though so im not sure if its just a bad batch i got from newegg or not. I guess im gonna try oblivion again since someone said they did get theirs working. Im gonna burn at 1x instead of 2.4

#6 geebee

geebee

X-S X-perience

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

Did you use a DVD movie in wxRipper that was bigger than the Xbox360 game? (8gb)

#7 deakphreak

deakphreak

Ting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

Well i backed it up again but used the dvd's i got from best buy and forgot to set it at 1x speed like i was going to, so it burned at max speed. It still worked perfectly so my only guess is that the newegg ones i got were a bad batch cuz they are the EXACT same dvd's. Well im glad it worked anyway. Now to try kameo again. I used the dvdinfo and iso buster method for backing up my games. One of my xbox's has the 0800 and my other has the modified firmware for booting them. Im gonna keep it like this until my adapter comes so i can easily flash the firmware without opening my box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users