• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:44 AM

I looked in the stickys and found only vauge answers that just left me with more questions. But Is it necessary to edit both of the .xbes in order to run mods? Or can I just drag and drop and run the mods as is? Please dont flame. As I am new to this Morrowind modding. Oh and by the way im running GOTY edition.

#2 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

There are (to my knowledge) two ways to run mods. One is to drag and drop the mods into the data files folder in the cache. These will be cleared whenever other games write over the cache. Otherwise, you can edit the morrowind.xbe and put the mods into the data files folder where the game is contained, then clear your cache.

#3 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Hacking xbox's.......PC's....And skateboarding....And Fire....Im a HUGE pyro.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:02 AM

Ok thanks. I guess I have to edit the .xbe. Because I want to use the texture mods that supposedly clean up the graphics quite abit.

#4 mister_freeze

mister_freeze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:11 PM

fairly certain that if u run the world texture updates that it will be all you can do. if even you can do that. too many high res textures. you will run out of memory and crash...

if you want a whole new look to morrowind i suggest you grab the fantasy texture pack. they textures are still the same res BUT it will turn morrowind into a very cool and colorful world without losing memory.

#5 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(mister_freeze @ Jun 7 2006, 12:18 PM) View Post

fairly certain that if u run the world texture updates that it will be all you can do. if even you can do that. too many high res textures. you will run out of memory and crash...

if you want a whole new look to morrowind i suggest you grab the fantasy texture pack. they textures are still the same res BUT it will turn morrowind into a very cool and colorful world without losing memory.

Thanks for helping out freeze. It is much appreciated.

Evox117 - don't be afraid to ask your question. My co-moderator and I make sure that noone is flamed for not fully understanding some of the tutorials especially if you're new to modding. Rest assured that you will be acknowledged and in case someone does attack you for your lack of familiarization, make sure you address those to me and i'll take the necessary action.

Now for your question...and to add on what freeze had stated, the best way to run mods on your Xbox is via the hex editing process (and yes, the two files) so that you can run your mods directly from the Game directory under Morrowind/Data Files/

Once you create the correct folders (Meshes, Icons, etc), you can simply either:

1) Drag the folder directly to your xbox via Internet Explorer or:
2) Use an ftp client to transfer them

I find that (1) is a lot easier especially for newer users as you have the flexibility to browse your entire directory. Hope this helps and welcome to the forums!

Your friendly moderator,

DT

#6 Evox117

Evox117

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

kk thanks all. Im not new to Modding in general. Just modding Morrowind. Thanks again

"/me goes off to find Fantasy texture pack"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users