• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 11:48 AM

My new mobo just arrive...im about to mod it later but i want to ask someone this...im using my old hard disk w/c ive successfully installed evo-x(latest version),using my old mobo before...if lets say ive successfully modded my new mobo, will it allow my new mobo to have access to my old hard disk because i have an evo-x installed on it, so i can still use my old hard disk...pls someone?....

Thanks!:)

#2 FIREitUP

FIREitUP

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:09 PM

yes it will

#3 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:20 PM

only if it was unlocked

#4 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx @ May 3 2003, 07:20 PM)
only if it was unlocked

i did'nt unlock it...but i it has an evo-x on it...would this be enough to allow the new mobo to have an access to the hard disk? sad.gif (i hope so!)....some claim that it will work & other dont! sad.gif ...im getting confused here...pls someone?, because if not. ill ship the new mobo back to where it came, i dont want to touch it if it'll not work, ill just order a new mobo w/ a hard disk....thanks!:)

#5 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:43 PM

well since it's locked, it won't work. even if evox is on the drive, you can't access it while the lock is active. it's like trying to get something from inside your house while the door is locked (other than breakin in of course rolleyes.gif ). but it's possible to use configmagic off of the dvd drive to unlock, haven't tried it personally but it might work

#6 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx @ May 3 2003, 07:43 PM)
well since it's locked, it won't work. even if evox is on the drive, you can't access it while the lock is active. it's like trying to get something from inside your house while the door is locked (other than breakin in of course rolleyes.gif ). but it's possible to use configmagic off of the dvd drive to unlock, haven't tried it personally but it might work

Can somebody confirm this pls...i beg of you! sad.gif ,thanks for the quick reply there pal smile.gif ...well i have an evo-x disc here w/ configmagic on it, well i hope that when i turn on the my xbox it wont give any error code so i can unlock my hard drive...i really hope this would work...aaarghhh!!! sad.gif

#7 queasy

queasy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 06:02 PM

it will work. as long as you are booting with the mod ON, it will work. to be able to boot into ms dash with the mod off it has to be unlocked and relocked. i suggest you boot with the mod ON and run configmagic and unlock the harddrive. then reboot and run config magic again and relock it. I am speaking from the experience of have 4 xboxes and swapping drives between the 4.

#8 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 08:01 PM

Booting configmagic off the DVD drive will only work, IF your clock has not resest. And if you ordered this one and it was shipped to you... most likely the enternal clock has reset.

BY DEFAULT, YOUR XBOX WILL LOAD OFF THE HDD AND HDD ALONE, WHEN THE CLOCK HAS RESET.

EVEN WITH A BOOT DISK IN THE DRIVE.... IF THE ENTERNAL CLOCK HAS RESET..... YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN ERROR 6.

#9 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (tester123 @ May 3 2003, 10:01 PM)
Booting configmagic off the DVD drive will only work, IF your clock has not resest. And if you ordered this one and it was shipped to you... most likely the enternal clock has reset.

BY DEFAULT, YOUR XBOX WILL LOAD OFF THE HDD AND HDD ALONE, WHEN THE CLOCK HAS RESET.

EVEN WITH A BOOT DISK IN THE DRIVE.... IF THE ENTERNAL CLOCK HAS RESET..... YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN ERROR 6.

...hey tester in laymans' terms pls!:(...enternal clock???...never heard of it...i know its a dumb question!...how can i reset the enternal clock if its possible?... sad.gif

#10 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (freedheroin @ May 3 2003, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (tester123 @ May 3 2003, 10:01 PM)

...hey tester in laymans' terms pls!:(...enternal clock???...never heard of it...i know its a dumb question!...how can i reset the enternal clock if its possible?... sad.gif

Have you ever unplugged your Xbox for an extended period of time? Then plugged it back in, turned it on and it takes you straight to the clock and date settings menu?

Well your enternal clock has reset, and the Xbox mobo's asking you to set it again. By default, it will boot from the HDD and HDD only.

The only way to get around this issue is to have another, unlocked HDD. You're going to have to buy one, or borrow one from a friend.

Maybe if you got a friend with a modded Xbox to unlock his drive and let you borrow it you'd be set.

Install your mobo, hook up your friends UN-LOCKED HDD to your IDE cable and power source. Then boot up your Xbox with your mod chip enabled, it will take you to a menu to set the time and date. Set the time a date, then put in your configmagic disk. Then immediately turn off your Xbox, hook up your locked HDD, and boot up. Form the configmagic screen you can then un-lock your HDD, and then lock it back. It will then "Marry" that HDD to the mother board.

~Tester123

Edited by tester123, 04 May 2003 - 01:55 AM.

#11 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 03:57 AM

hey tester...:)what if i would just buy a new hard disk?...can i do those stuff that you've posted...i dont need the files that's on the c: & e: drive w/c is the system files of the xbox...just a brand new unlock hard disk & thats it?...smile.gif

#12 tester123

tester123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (freedheroin @ May 3 2003, 11:57 PM)
hey tester...:)what if i would just buy a new hard disk?...can i do those stuff that you've posted...i dont need the files that's on the c: & e: drive w/c is the system files of the xbox...just a brand new unlock hard disk & thats it?...smile.gif

That would work as long as it has been formatted specifically for the Xbox and has the MS dash.

It has to have the MS dash so you can set the clock.

~tester123

Edited by tester123, 04 May 2003 - 04:35 AM.

#13 freedheroin

freedheroin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (tester123 @ May 4 2003, 06:21 AM)

That would work as long as it has been formatted specifically for the Xbox and has the MS dash.

It has to have the MS dash so you can set the clock.

~tester123

now!...now!...how can i do this? sad.gif ...i dont have an access to another xbox...i thought i dont need these system files?... sad.gif well thanks for the tips & advice... smile.gif

#14 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 04:40 PM

search around for an image called "SlAyEr's AUto-Installer" or soemthing like that name. it will rebuild a new harddrive for you automatically including the system files. saving you the muss and fuss, and hair pulling if need be (if you don't exactly kno what you are doing that is). i believe the new one (v2.1) comes with the universal "xbox live" dash (4920 or something like that). you should give that a try.

Edited by xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx, 04 May 2003 - 04:42 PM.

#15 kip

kip

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 05:16 PM

i had this problem ages ago when i rebuilt a box from scrap(came with no hd) you will get loads of errors either error,6 error,7 error 21 or error 13 i think and and the infamous error 16 (cannont locate msdash) you should read the tutes on xbox scene.. it may take a while to get going ,but basically you need access to another box with a unlocked drive to make it easy on yourself . and get all the tools mentioned config magic for unlocking etc and the SlAyErs for everything else good luck..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users