pracman

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

Ok I need help I have download from 4 sites and no go with the roms working on any emu. I have zip the files and unzipped the files. I have ftp the bios in with the rom folder and nope that did work so then I put the bios in the rom zip no go on that too. I have used mameox...nope I have used FBAXXX nope no go again. I don't know what to do at this point and the whole reason I modded my box was for the neogeo games. I would like to know where to download the new FBAxxx pro from....and I know the roms...not allowed to ask. But what could I be doing wrong...with these neo geo roms.....the FBA states I need bits???? the name states I need rom files....how can I know I am getting the right roms for the neogeo??
TIA guys

#2 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(pracman @ May 23 2006, 02:15 PM) View Post

Ok I need help I have download from 4 sites and no go with the roms working on any emu. I have zip the files and unzipped the files. I have ftp the bios in with the rom folder and nope that did work so then I put the bios in the rom zip no go on that too. I have used mameox...nope I have used FBAXXX nope no go again. I don't know what to do at this point and the whole reason I modded my box was for the neogeo games. I would like to know where to download the new FBAxxx pro from....and I know the roms...not allowed to ask. But what could I be doing wrong...with these neo geo roms.....the FBA states I need bits???? the name states I need rom files....how can I know I am getting the right roms for the neogeo??
TIA guys

Welcome to the world of Arcade emulation. There are tools you can use to verify your roms afainst a specific emulator. Try crlmamepro. ROMS are allways changing. So for example, you might have kof95.zip and it will work for Kawaks, but not for FBA-XXX, or MAMEdox. Or you might have kof95.zip and it will only work with certain versions of FBA-XXX. As for what you download on the net, it's usually just a gamble that it will work for the emulator you have. You will also need the neogeo.zip that FBA-XXX requires as well. Arcade ROMs are not like console ROMs. It's a pretty safe bet that any version of Super mario Brothers I download will work with any NES emulator ever made. It's completely opposite for Arcade games.

So you have to find the exact rom the emulator you are using requires. The best way to enusre your ROMs will work with the newer versions of FBA-XXX or MAME128 is to only download ROMs that are the newest versions of MAME.

One thing you could do to quickly start playing those games you allready have is to simply download every XBOX version of FBA-XXX there is and see which ones will play the roms you have. Read "The Great Xbox Emulation Answer Thread" for information on where releases can be obtained from. There is also a great deal of information in general you might benefit from.

#3 dohopoki

dohopoki

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(pracman @ May 23 2006, 09:15 AM) View Post

TIA guys

FBAxxx pro is in the usual places but Xbins might still be down right now. There's dat files that come with this that will tell you exactly what you're looking for with each game.

Or listen to that guy^

Edited by dohopoki, 23 May 2006 - 02:45 PM.

#4 pracman

pracman

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

Wow thanks guys I have been hitting a wall the funny thing is these roms I just got...I can see the cover screen on the fbaxxx emu but it just won't lanuch so does each emu have its only bios for the neogeo?? That maybe the problem.

#5 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(pracman @ May 23 2006, 02:57 PM) View Post

Wow thanks guys I have been hitting a wall the funny thing is these roms I just got...I can see the cover screen on the fbaxxx emu but it just won't lanuch so does each emu have its only bios for the neogeo?? That maybe the problem.

What you are seeing is the screen preview. That doesn't affect whether the game will start ot not. It's only tied to the game name, not if the game is the wrong version for the emulator.

I beleive there are some differences in the bios some emulators expect, but generally they all use the same files.

You will need a neogeo.zip. I beleive it will need to contain most if not all of these:

000-lo.lo
asia-s3.rom
neo-epo.bin
neo-po.bin
neodebug.bin
sfix.sfx
sm1.sm1
uni-bios.20
usa_2slt.bin
vs-bios.bin

So if when you start a game it says it's missing any of these files, then you need to update neogeo.zip. And you only need one neogeo.zip in the folder where all your games are.

Edited by nes6502, 23 May 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#6 pracman

pracman

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:55 PM

Yup my zip has everyone of thoses so its the roms thanks...I just wish I could find a rom site for X-box goggle not working for me....I may just pay for a DVD-r with the new fbaxxx pro and all the roms ready to rip on the Hd at this point....I have spent weeks on this

#7 nes6502

nes6502

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(pracman @ May 23 2006, 04:02 PM) View Post

Yup my zip has everyone of thoses so its the roms thanks...I just wish I could find a rom site for X-box goggle not working for me....I may just pay for a DVD-r with the new fbaxxx pro and all the roms ready to rip on the Hd at this point....I have spent weeks on this

I gave up a long time ago on trying to get the newest versions of ROMs to work with the newest XBOX emulators. I found a version that worked with all the games I had. And that's what I use.

If you look for MAME roms then those will likely work (at least on some version of the emulator). FBA-XXX and Pro use MAME roms for the most part.

#8 pracman

pracman

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Cool I will look it up and try it out on FBAxxx MAME it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users