• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Basketball, Computers, Street Racing. Friends and Family.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:56 PM

Well I just got the resolution fixed (see other thread I made about 10 min ago) and now Im having troubles with my optical audio cord.

I plugged one end into the xbox HD Cable and the other end into the back of my surround system. I then turned on the surround and hit optical. The light for optical comes on and I can select stero or surround however I get no sound no matter what I do. I have tryed 2 diffrent optical cables with no luck.

I am running a softmod with XBMC. I went in and changed the audio settings in XBMC and the default dash to surround but still no sound. I have no idea why??? Can anyone help me out??

#2 vestri_matris

vestri_matris

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:46 AM

if theyres mor ethan one spot for input did u plug it inot the right ones?

#3 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Basketball, Computers, Street Racing. Friends and Family.

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:52 AM

Theres only 1 optical on my receiver, and theres only 1 optical on the HD cord. no way to mess it up.

I tryed the cables on my PS2 and it worked great with my recevier. So it has to be me, the cables, or all 3 of my xboxs. (which I doubt)

I got the cables at best buy. They were a return, but they said they had tested them. So now its starting to look like I got bum cables and they wernt banking on me using the optical. Im going to raise hell tommarow when they open. I have tryed everything. I have hooked up stero left adn right to my surround and the optical at the same time, then I put in splinter cell. When I had it using the left and right it was fine. But when switched to optical it fell silent and wont do anything. It acts like its not hooked up, but the HD cable is putting out, I know because I can see the red light through the cable.

Im really leaning towards the cable now, but it sucks because this is the only one they had. sad.gif

#4 vestri_matris

vestri_matris

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

well idk how to help u cuz im not sure wat ur talking about and surround sound stuff makes my head hurt for some reason

#5 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

You certain the changes have been made in the MS dash and have taken?

No SS duing games, music in XBMC, nothing at all? (the latter could be related to the "Configure Audio Hardware" menu in XBMC)

Could indeed be the cable..

Edited by Xombe, 24 May 2006 - 03:22 AM.

#6 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:50 PM

I have enabled it on all 3 of my xboxs. I get NO audio at all from the MS dash, the XBMC dash, or games.

I get nothing at all out of the optical no matter what changes to settings I make. However I do know that the red light is getting through the cable so IDK. Im going to talk with Besy Buy and see what I can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users